• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Sunday morning back up to the top of the page. Going with the family out to the Scarecrow Fest in Wanatah and maybe the Coulter's Pumpkin Patch out in Westville.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    grass cutting hopefully last time this year but doubt it.
    You will be cutting grass for a while and don't forget all the leafs still have to fall off your neighbors trees and blow into your yard to be moved to the curb for the city to pick up when they feel like it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just got off the tractor from mowing the open areas of the lawn. Hopefully someone else will get on the Ventrac mower and get into the tight spots, under the trees, up along the buildings, etc.

Figure there are at least 4 or 5 more cuttings before the end of the season and we get a good frost kill.

Unless Jedi's feets and feets of snow come early this year.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    There was a youth event at Kingsbury this morning. Drove to jp instead of waiting for it to end. Now you have to bring your own cardboard target backer to hang targets on.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    sure it works but it will eventually grow again and when it does its not grass but all sort of weeds which are far worse.

now cemwnt everywhere works just fine but even then life finds a way to break thru the cracks. thus the mr burn block out the sun idea. :)

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yes, JP. All's they have now are steel whatchamacallits sticking up that you can drop your cardboard sheet into.

I didn't know to bring any, not that I knew I was headed there in the first place. I had to cut a slot in the target and slide it down the doohickey.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    At JP, or Kinsgbury?

Yeah its JP. When me and the daughter were at Winamac a few weeks ago the Ro was showing me pics of it on his phone. They have 4×4 posts sunk and you have to place cardboard across and then targets on that if you want. I believe was just the pistol range, which the ro said they removed a few of the 25 yard lanes to put this in. Looked like a pretty crappy set up from his pics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom