Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So I'm assuming 2 of you guys stopped by my wife's booth at the scarecrow fest to support Darkhorse Inspirations which gives to the youth shoot.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Getting ready to go down the path many of you have trodden this past year. Got the call today from the vet that our beloved pooch has lymphoma. We have some decisions to make in the coming days / weeks. :(

ADDED: For those friends on social media, please don't make mention of this yet. My son is currently deployed. We don't want him finding out before we have the chance to break it to him on the phone.
    So very sorry to hear. And that is rough to hear while deployed but at least he'll have his buddies close by to help out. My grandmother passed in Korea and the unit wouldn't let me leave because she wasn't immediate family. My buddies made sure I was ok and really helped me out the best they could.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I said hello (wife had all the money) and heard you were home playing video games.

Yeah she was like some guy came up to me and said congrats and tell Mike congrats. I was home playing fallout new vegas and then cut my lawn. I told her it was probably you and she was said you didn't introduce yourself to her. The other guy had 4 kids so whoever that may be.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    Alright, which one of you OC'd at Lake central on Friday? Anti-gunners are triggered. waaa2

Let me start by reiterating that the safety and security of our students and staff are ‎of utmost importance. Lake Central School Corporation maintains a comprehensive safety plan and our administrators coordinate closely with municipal emergency management and law enforcement officials to monitor and update plans on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, after the end of the school day last Friday, an incident occurred that remains under review but which was not handled in a manner consistent with our safety plans. I reach out to you to dispel potential misinformation and to provide assurances about student safety in our building. The incident involved a community member coming ‎onto the school campus, exiting his vehicle and approaching an open area of the building where students were present. This individual had a side arm that was visible to those in the area. He returned the gun to his car, then returned to the building to discuss an issue with our teacher.

For reasons that we still do not understand, the teacher did not notify administration or local police about this incident.

‎The administration was not made aware of it until well after all students had left for the day.

We appreciate the student who told his parent who then notified administration.‎ Over the weekend and today, we continue to investigate the matter. Any individuals involved in this occurrence and failing to adhere to the School Corporation's safety plans and protocols will be held responsible according ‎School Board policy and relevant law.

We ask that all families discuss with all students the importance of sharing with a trusted adult any time weapons are seen at our schools or any time they feel threatened by the actions of others. "See something, hear something, say something" remains one of our best defenses against threats to school safety.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Alright, which one of you OC'd at Lake central on Friday? Anti-gunners are triggered. waaa2

Let me start by reiterating that the safety and security of our students and staff are ‎of utmost importance. Lake Central School Corporation maintains a comprehensive safety plan and our administrators coordinate closely with municipal emergency management and law enforcement officials to monitor and update plans on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, after the end of the school day last Friday, an incident occurred that remains under review but which was not handled in a manner consistent with our safety plans. I reach out to you to dispel potential misinformation and to provide assurances about student safety in our building. The incident involved a community member coming ‎onto the school campus, exiting his vehicle and approaching an open area of the building where students were present. This individual had a side arm that was visible to those in the area. He returned the gun to his car, then returned to the building to discuss an issue with our teacher.

For reasons that we still do not understand, the teacher did not notify administration or local police about this incident.

‎The administration was not made aware of it until well after all students had left for the day.

We appreciate the student who told his parent who then notified administration.‎ Over the weekend and today, we continue to investigate the matter. Any individuals involved in this occurrence and failing to adhere to the School Corporation's safety plans and protocols will be held responsible according ‎School Board policy and relevant law.

We ask that all families discuss with all students the importance of sharing with a trusted adult any time weapons are seen at our schools or any time they feel threatened by the actions of others. "See something, hear something, say something" remains one of our best defenses against threats to school safety.
    Now is the perfect time to panic, look at all the terror and evil that happened, oh wait.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    so from that email it does not seem thw teacher knew the parent had walked with sidearm and then took it back to car before entering bldg and talking to teacher.

similar to let me fart outside then go talk to teacher who has no idea i farted outside. but a snowflake say me fart outside and snitched. :faint:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom