• Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    new beef place on indy in schereville called buona.
    the roast beef is ok. not better then al's beef in chiraq but decent. zeli's roast beef i think still beats it food wise but the place is nice. its next to the steak n sh
    ..t joint
    funny you mention steak n ***** schererville, I don't think I've ever been in a more disgusting fast food place in my life, floors sticky with filth/grease, counters about the same, it was like pulling teeth to get someone to take your order or pay your bill, had the same experience a few times, will not be back. merrillville on the other hand, typically great

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    funny you mention steak n ***** schererville, I don't think I've ever been in a more disgusting fast food place in my life, floors sticky with filth/grease, counters about the same, it was like pulling teeth to get someone to take your order or pay your bill, had the same experience a few times, will not be back. merrillville on the other hand, typically great
    I hate that steak n ***** because they tore down the Music Seller guitar shop to build it.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    Should be just fine. Classic Firearms ships their items using FedEx.
    I only ask because the Sig instructions specifically mention that you should go to your "local main FedEx shipping hub/terminal" and that firearms "cannot be held at a FedEx location for pickup". Didn't know if the Merrillville location was considered a "hub" or a "FedEx location". Likely I'm over thinking this.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I've been to several S-n-Ss (not in years) all over the state and they seem to think they make more money by keeping you there longer...which is why it is off my list.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    I only ask because the Sig instructions specifically mention that you should go to your "local main FedEx shipping hub/terminal" and that firearms "cannot be held at a FedEx location for pickup". Didn't know if the Merrillville location was considered a "hub" or a "FedEx location". Likely I'm over thinking this.
    I called the Merrillville location and all is well shipping from there, just need to make sure it's packed up prior going in the store. This is my first return, sorry for the dope-posting.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I called the Merrillville location and all is well shipping from there, just need to make sure it's packed up prior going in the store. This is my first return, sorry for the dope-posting.
    Yes. I shipped from there previously. I think the biggest problem is the coming back, because someone with a DL has to sign for it when it arrives.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    Yes. I shipped from there previously. I think the biggest problem is the coming back, because someone with a DL has to sign for it when it arrives.
    Thanks repeater, good point, luckily I have my blessed wife to handle such business. Back when I was single or my wife worked it seemed the whole world had to wait until Saturday to get anything accomplished.

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Just got off the phone with Natchez Shooters Supplies and have to say I'm very pleased with their customer service and the way they do business.

Back in December they had a sale on an RCBS Explorer Plus reloading kit, 299.99 plus free shipping and it qualified for an RCBS $100 rebate. Tried to order but it was out of stock. Called and the sales guy said I couldn't back order (I wanted to lock in the free shipping and qualify for the rebate) but he said they would email me when it was back in stock and RCBS does the rebates regularly. So I've checked back a few times but it's been out of stock until yesterday. No email notice but it couldn't been in stock long as I checked just a couple of weeks ago. Same price but no free shipping. RCBS has a new $100 rebate. I did a quick check of the gun fund (I WAY overspent on guns this month) and decided I could handle it. So I go back to the open tab and put it in my cart and the price is now $334.99. I realized midnight had passed and apparently a price increase had gone in. But now I'm looking at about $60 price increase between shipping and the new price.

So I call today, sales guy says he wants me to talk to the customer service supervisor but CS is in a meeting. He sends me to the guy's voice mail and says he'll probably call you tomorrow.

Twenty minutes later the guy's on the phone. Listens to my grievance, I tell him I'll meet him half way and eat the shipping if he'll give me the original price. He says they should have taken my backorder, should have emailed me when it came back in stock, gives me the original sales price and free shipping to boot. So even though I offered to pay the shipping I got the original deal, at $299.99 the best price by a mile I could find for that kit ($420 at Cabela's), free shipping and I'll get a $100 rebate from RCBS.

I couldn't have asked for more. Natchez will be getting more of my business.

Last edited:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    So...
    I just had the best Polish food I’ve had in quite some time.
    Better than Grandma’s.
    The Polish Peasant in Michigan City is definitely where it’s at.
    Perfect potato pancakes, pork cutlet, perogi. I had the taste of Poland platter and I nearly wept. It was a thing of beauty.

I highly recommend this place. It wasn’t super cheap, but it wasn’t out of line price wise either, wife and I had an appetizer, soup, two entrees, and dessert for $46. Portions were respectable, we took home part of my entree, and the dessert.

Again.
    If you like Polish food, it’s well worth the trip.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Just got off the phone with Natchez Shooters Supplies and have to say I'm very pleased with their customer service and the way they do business.

Back in December they had a sale on an RCBS Explorer Plus reloading kit, 299.99 plus free shipping and it qualified for an RCBS $100 rebate. Tried to order but it was out of stock. Called and the sales guy said I couldn't bacK order (I wanted to lock in the free shipping and qualify for the rebate) but he said they would email me when it was back in stock and RCBS does the rebates regularly. So I've checked back a few times but it's been out of stock until yesterday. No email notice but it couldn't been in stock long as I checked just a couple of weeks ago. Same price but no free shipping. RCBS has a new $100 rebate. I did a quick check of the gun fund (I WAY overspent on guns this month) and decided I could handle it. So I go back to the open tab and put it in my cart and the price is now $334.99. I realized midnight had passed and apparently a price increase had gone in. But now I'm looking at about $60 price increase between shipping and the new price.

So I call today, sales guy says he wants me to talk to the customer service supervisor but CS is in a meeting. He sends me to the guy's voice mail and says he'll probably call you tomorrow.

Twenty minutes later the guy's on the phone. Listens to my grievance, I tell him I'll meet him half way and eat the shipping if he'll give me the original price. He says they should have taken my backorder, should have emailed me when it came back in stock, gives me the original sales price and free shipping to boot. So even though I offered to pay the shipping I got the original deal, at $299.99 the best price by a mile I could find for that kit ($420 at Cabela's), free shipping and I'll get a $100 rebate from RCBS.

I couldn't have asked for more. Natchez will be getting more of my business.

I've dealt with them also and have been very happy. Great prices and good, personal service.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks repeater, good point, luckily I have my blessed wife to handle such business. Back when I was single or my wife worked it seemed the whole world had to wait until Saturday to get anything accomplished.
    Great. It worked out for me so I didn't have to take the day off either.
    So, was it for the Sig P320 recall? I heard those are back in less than 2 weeks. At least most.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So...
    I just had the best Polish food I’ve had in quite some time.
    Better than Grandma’s.
    The Polish Peasant in Michigan City is definitely where it’s at.
    Perfect potato pancakes, pork cutlet, perogi. I had the taste of Poland platter and I nearly wept. It was a thing of beauty.

I highly recommend this place. It wasn’t super cheap, but it wasn’t out of line price wise either, wife and I had an appetizer, soup, two entrees, and dessert for $46. Portions were respectable, we took home part of my entree, and the dessert.

Again.
    If you like Polish food, it’s well worth the trip.
    nice

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    Great. It worked out for me so I didn't have to take the day off either.
    So, was it for the Sig P320 recall? I heard those are back in less than 2 weeks. At least most.
    Yuo, it was for the p320 "upgrade". They still say 4-6 weeks on their site, but I'm hoping it's a Scotty estimate. I'd assume that the amount of people sending theirs in had to have slowed down.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    I'd like to pick up a average cheapo AR15.... They have Diamondback..?
    They had DPMS Panther ARs for 399 a few weeks back. It's best to get on their email list because they will announce their specials. Is say every couple weeks there is an "AR event"

They did have a diamondback pistol for 550 in 556 last I checked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom