Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just checked, and it is 157 miles to the State Capitol. Planning of driving down on the 14th.

When it is time to come home I'll make believe my car is broken down and Act can tow me home.

That will save me some gas.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just checked, and it is 157 miles to the State Capitol. Planning of driving down on the 14th.

When it is time to come home I'll make believe my car is broken down and Act can tow me home.

That will save me some gas.

Why don't we set up a carpool?
    Someone on the protest thread is from NWI.

Who's got the bigger vehicle with leg room?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    My two cents ... skip the marches and protests. They only serve to make you feel better and like you "did something." Nobody with a backbone will listen to you anyway and you are not going to change anyone's mind. The congress critters will do what they're going to do ... try to maintain power. Don't believe me? Why don't we have Constitutional carry in Indiana when Repubs have had super majorities in both state houses and the Governor's seat? The average mom and pop driving by will not be persuaded by your signs or banners or numbers. This battle will be won on a personal level. You have to engage on a daily, face-to-face level with people that already know you.

Suggest you save yourself the money you would spend on fuel, wear and tear on the car, food, etc. Instead, buy some ammo and sign up for a shooting class with a friend that has never been shooting. Bonus points if it's a youngster. Huge bonus points if it's an adult female. Remember, the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. Massive points if you can get a married couple or entire family to go. The progs are light years ahead of us and they're winning in the court of public opinion because they control the education system (good reason to abolish "public education" but that's an argument for another day). Sooo ... pass up on that extra shift at work, pass up on that golf outing, shave a day off that vacation, and engage people you already know. Yes. This will require more effort and more sacrifice than going to a march or protest and holding a sign but it will be more effective.

I would suggest you look at introductory training organizations that follow the Project Appleseed or Revere's Riders model.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    I thought the recommended INGO way was the dishwasher. :dunno:

C'mon, everybody knows the right way to clean guns is to use a pressure washer. Just lay them on the driveway with a cable through the trigger guards to keep them from moving too much. I do mine every spring when I give the car its annual wash.

As for the efficacy of protests, YMMV. I doubt they change many minds but they do get the attention of the politicians whether the legislature is in session or not.

There's also something to be said for freaking out the snowflakes. Very gratifying. A bunch of gun nuts marching around with slung ARs is guaranteed to git 'er done.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I would say WDs statement has merit and I truly believe these rally's will not change anything in the end...

but I would point out that even though the ralley's won't change the further commission of treason by our employees the showing of numbers out at these ralleys would provide confidence to those that believe the 2A is being trampled and the left is wrong. In this way it might bring more individuals out to voice their viewpoint and actually buy more guns and ammo and get the needed training to use them.

I think the real battlefield is in our schools and the taking back of these indoctrination centers from the left to actually win this battle in the end. Unfortunately we are way behind the eight ball on this one and it will take a lot of dedication to turn it around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom