• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Let me know if you need any additional information. I know he'll be at the youth meet and shoot, so you can ask then but I can let him know or ask anything else. If you get the Rhino bed liner, usually you can get over the lip and mount anything on top afterwards.

Mine has a factory spray-in bed liner, not quite as nice as the Rhinoliners but it works. It also has plastic rail caps for impact protection. I know some of the rolling tops work with theses plastic caps, some do not.

What is a Jedi?
    A raccoon lover?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    NWI INGO peeps I need some advice ... Looking to put a bed cover on my pick up

1 - Anyone have an experience with BAK brand FOLDING or BAK brand ROLLING hard covers? (they are aluminum backed vinyl, look like soft covers but have solid slats or panels and secure locks along the rails)

2 - Any other brand of FOLDING or ROLLING covers you can recommend? I do not want a single piece fiberglass hard panel cover. I do not want any of the soft covers that can be easily slit open with a knife.

3 - Any dealer in Lake or Porter county you recommend?​

I'm not terribly knowledgeable about the covers myself but we are a dealer at work so if you find what you're looking for let me know and i can get you a price.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm not terribly knowledgeable about the covers myself but we are a dealer at work so if you find what you're looking for let me know and i can get you a price.

Kevin, not 100% sure but right now I'm leaning toward the BAK Revolver "X2" rolling hard cover.

I've got a 2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 with the longer 6' bed. My bed has a rail system (if that matters)

Mail order prices, delivered, are running between $90-$100 below the BAK price on their website.

https://bakindustries.com/i-2179897....html#!year=2014||make=NISSAN||model=FRONTIER

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No matter what you get melensdad, you will never be as kool as these..

blog-hellokitty.jpg

And

https://goo.gl/images/GCgxYP

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    No matter what you get melensdad, you will never be as kool as these..

blog-hellokitty.jpg

And

https://goo.gl/images/GCgxYP
    This looks like it might be owned by the guy from SILENCE OF THE LAMBS who has the pit in his basement :rolleyes:

That looks good.

I like the fact that the rails LOCK down securely and the cover will withstand knife cutting, etc. About as secure as a bed cover can be and still be able to be retracted for use when carrying large/tall loads. Anything can be broken into, but this looks fairly secure.

My buddy has hard fiberglass covers on his two trucks. Problem is they have to be totally removed when moving big objects that don't fit below the bed rails. I want CLOSE to that level of security but I do NOT want that level of inconvenience because those bed covers are heavy and a PITA to remove for just something as simple as hauling a chair.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Kevin, not 100% sure but right now I'm leaning toward the BAK Revolver "X2" rolling hard cover.

I've got a 2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 with the longer 6' bed. My bed has a rail system (if that matters)

Mail order prices, delivered, are running between $90-$100 below the BAK price on their website.

https://bakindustries.com/i-2179897....html#!year=2014||make=NISSAN||model=FRONTIER
    that looks a bit like his, but I could be mistaken. He doesn't roll it up enough for me to really see it that well.
    It does look pretty good though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom