jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI
    Target in merriville is underwater due to flooding.
    Parts of munster by river the houses are taking in water.
    Sections of road by community hospital also closed due to flooding. CBS news crews on site.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    If you (or anyone else here) wants to do some shooting and learn something at the same time, you should consider signing up for a class with Infinity Solutions. They have some level one classes coming up this spring. The last time I checked, the Pistol 1 classes were full but the Carbine 1 class still had slots open on March 25 (Sunday). I have had a few classes over the years with different instructors and I have to say this is the best bang for the buck. Level 1 classes are $115 and Level 2 classes are $150 ... very modest pricing for a one day live fire course. These spring classes let you fill the prerequisites for the specialty classes later on in the year.

Infinity Solutions

I really wanted to make it to those classes, when I looked the first time they were on my off days, but I guess I was looking at the old schedule.
    One of these days the stars will align and I’ll be able to go.
    On top of that the wife says, no more gun stuff til the house sells, I could talk her into $150 for a class, but taking a day off to do it, not so much.

On a side note, buy my house:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/150-S-Delaware-St_Hobart_IN_46342_M44291-15058

It would be a class A rental property, right next to where a new school is going up in the spring.

Just sayin’

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I really wanted to make it to those classes, when I looked the first time they were on my off days, but I guess I was looking at the old schedule.
    One of these days the stars will align and I’ll be able to go.
    On top of that the wife says, no more gun stuff til the house sells, I could talk her into $150 for a class, but taking a day off to do it, not so much.

On a side note, buy my house:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/150-S-Delaware-St_Hobart_IN_46342_M44291-15058

It would be a class A rental property, right next to where a new school is going up in the spring.

Just sayin’

shift work sucks

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    So if I had to travel to the Southlake Mall area from Crown Point this evening it might not be a good idea? I hate to miss this appointment..

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    So if I had to travel to the Southlake Mall area from Crown Point this evening it might not be a good idea? I hate to miss this appointment..
    there's always a way, there is isolated flooding but normal travel seems fine, chesterton to dyer, to crown point using surface roads ran in to zero areas this afternoon. even the "expected" spots i've seen under major water were fine.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    New bridge over West Creek on 169th street is above water.

But you can't get to the bridge because 169th is under water.

It was very nice for the genius engineers at the gubmint road dept to raise the new bridge so it would be above the creek level when the creek overflows, too bad they forgot that the road also needed to be raised.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    We get much more and rt 51 will be closed between Hobart and Lake Station
    Its close to going over in several places, and i imagine levels will rise for another day or so after the rain stops.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

It was very nice for the genius engineers at the gubmint road dept to raise the new bridge so it would be above the creek level when the creek overflows, too bad they forgot that the road also needed to be raised.

I've seen so much of that, it makes me sick.
    Even at work. Put a walkway in to make it "safer" for us to get in.
    Put the walkway in the low spots. Mud washes onto it. It floods. It ices up, they put salt down and the salt washes away and then it ices again.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Corps of Engineers built a flood wall along the north bank of the Little Calumet and actually raised the bridge on the north side. The south end of the bridge is 2' lower and Colfax Ave. dips to the level of the flood plain. They built a berm 500 yards south of the river, so you have to go over the berm to get to the bridge, but the road is flooded along with the river.

Colfax is a direct route from Old Lincoln HY. in Schererville to Michigan Ave and is a commuter route. Now the gubmint has to put up road closed signs whenever it floods, in perpetuity.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Heres the Wisconsin st bridge over lake george. I go under this bridge all the time in my boat. Guessing lake level 15-20 feet higher than normal
    qzkl1h.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    For those unfamiliar, the dam under that bridge has something like a 10' dropoff.

Yeah id say roughly 10ft. And these pics were taken early afternoon today. Rain till roughly 3am and levels will continue to rise for another 24-48 hours. The pic i posted of the Wisconsin st bridge was taken roughly same time. Those levels show Lake George is up at least 15ft. Have to see if i can find a pic of me on the boat going under that bridge to give a good comparison. Geeting pretty close to the 2008 flood levels. Have to wait and see if it surpasses it or not

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom