• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm with Melensdad... Keep it shut down and only bring up what is really needed... We will be saving all kinds of money that we don't have to spend...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Morning all.

As far as I am concerned the government can stay "shut down" until DACA expires, which I believe is in May.

The closer we get to the expiration date, the more the US citizens (or at least the voters) will realize how many government services are "non-essential" and should be trimmed from the bureaucracy. The closer we get to the DACA expiration deadline the more panic that will set into the Democratic leaders to actually do something constructive rather than to just obstruct.

/rant
    Two issues with your rant.
    1. People are clueless. Thus they will not notice that so much of the fed is not really needed.
    2. All the minority party does anymore is obstruct.

I wish the shutdown would actually save some money. Again though, this will just end up being a paid vacation for the .gov employees staying home because of it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Will there be barricades around national monuments? Will forests be closed? will drapes occlude the view of Mount Rushmore?

image.jpg

524b33de6c5ef.image.jpg

524b33d41c0bd.image.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They wont be shut down for that long.
    The masses would kill them as the irs refund checks can firat start going out 2nd week in feb. I think its the 17 feb foe those that get the eic or the child tax credit. So with that in mind by mid feb the people will begin to grumble for their money.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They wont be shut down for that long.
    The masses would kill them as the irs refund checks can firat start going out 2nd week in feb. I think its the 17 feb foe those that get the eic or the child tax credit. So with that in mind by mid feb the people will begin to grumble for their money.

And this would be a bad thing?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So, who will flinch?

Historically it has always been the Republicans.

Have they learned anything in the last year?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Its all about making money.
    If somone cab find a way to make $$$ of the daca then it will happen. As to who flinches, hum... Rs i suspect they are not hardcore like the Ds are. If its one thing the D machine knows how to do its control their people and get them to vote en block even if they dont agree.

In other news where is all my snow! The first day i feel well enough to venture outside and its all gone. Wth!!!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    In other news where is all my snow! The first day i feel well enough to venture outside and its all gone. Wth!!!
    So, your day looks like this?

[video=youtube_share;d79yRBQ4oIs]http://youtu.be/d79yRBQ4oIs[/video]

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi I know they will claim that but the IRS is a private collection company set up and hired by a private bank called the Federal Reserve. Neither are government agencies or entities and shouldn't be effected by the Federal shutdown. Now Social Security checks might be effected, although they don't have the money to pay those out anyways because those Congressman have been stealing from the private trust for years to play a shell game and fund the general funding for their un-Constitutional spending.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Anyone have say a dozen 9mm Mak rounds they could spare. I just bought a P64 off classic my first legit C&R purchase to be sent to the house, and looking to see if I want to reload or not for when I eventually find a 1986 CZ 82.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Anyone have say a dozen 9mm Mak rounds they could spare. I just bought a P64 off classic my first legit C&R purchase to be sent to the house, and looking to see if I want to reload or not for when I eventually find a 1986 CZ 82.
    I can help you out there. I have a P64 and really enjoy shooting it now that I replaced the springs. Do yourself a favor and order the springs in the link under the video now because delivery took a while, then thank me later. Has to be one of the most ridiculous stock DA pulls ever. I purchased the spring package in the video and went with the recommended 18lb hammer spring and am happy with that setup, but I have the 19lb and 20lb springs if you would like to play around.

[video=youtube_share;aRhMnRs6Gi0]http://youtu.be/aRhMnRs6Gi0[/video]

https://www.gunsprings.com/

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I can help you out there. I have a P64 and really enjoy shooting it now that I replaced the springs. Do yourself a favor and order the springs in the link under the video now because delivery took a while, then thank me later. Has to be one of the most ridiculous stock DA pulls ever. I purchased the spring package in the video and went with the recommended 18lb hammer spring and am happy with that setup, but I have the 19lb and 20lb springs if you would like to play around.

[video=youtube_share;aRhMnRs6Gi0]http://youtu.be/aRhMnRs6Gi0[/video]

I read about the springs and will def do that down the road a bit. I figure give classic one more shot since the sent me a messed up cz50 that I paid hand select for, but they couldn't get my license in for that so had to do a regular FFl. The FFL was having free transfers in Dec so that was good and I was still able to give them my copy and be off on my way. You said you might have some 9mm Mak to spare what's your price? I'll be in Crown Point Tuesday morning for a VA appt otherwise I should be free this weekend.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    Morning all.

As far as I am concerned the government can stay "shut down" until DACA expires, which I believe is in May.

The closer we get to the expiration date, the more the US citizens (or at least the voters) will realize how many government services are "non-essential" and should be trimmed from the bureaucracy. The closer we get to the DACA expiration deadline the more panic that will set into the Democratic leaders to actually do something constructive rather than to just obstruct.

/rant
    Exactly, perfect opportunity to tighten the belt. Both sides have been dragging their feet on this immigration topic for different reasons (dems for votes and repubs for cheap labor) and both hurt actual citizens. Cue the mainstream media's countless "human interest" stories to get those heart strings strumming.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom