Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I read about the springs and will def do that down the road a bit. I figure give classic one more shot since the sent me a messed up cz50 that I paid hand select for, but they couldn't get my license in for that so had to do a regular FFl. The FFL was having free transfers in Dec so that was good and I was still able to give them my copy and be off on my way. You said you might have some 9mm Mak to spare what's your price? I'll be in Crown Point Tuesday morning for a VA appt otherwise I should be free this weekend.
    I'm free today and next weekend, or can meet after 4pm M,Tu, F and could buzz up to Bass Pro, etc. if your traveling around and that works. I have an open PPU 93gr with 36 rounds for $7, or a S&B 95gr 50 round box for $10. Pretty sure that is what I paid. If you want, I'll hand you the hammer springs and you can test them out. If you want them, you find out you want to them or 1, you can pay me the list price online. You don't like them, just hand them back next time I see you.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Morning all.

As far as I am concerned the government can stay "shut down" until DACA expires, which I believe is in May.

The closer we get to the expiration date, the more the US citizens (or at least the voters) will realize how many government services are "non-essential" and should be trimmed from the bureaucracy. The closer we get to the DACA expiration deadline the more panic that will set into the Democratic leaders to actually do something constructive rather than to just obstruct.

/rant
    I'd hope not. I'm not essential because it's civil cases, yet we have to have civil cases going. Which means deputies after court will attempt my job. Or everything waits on my desk. There are not a lot of federal jobs that can be trimmed in certain areas and still expect the work to be done. Hopefully they will realize illegals are not citizens and we shut down national security for people breaking the law.
    Oh, and according to the work load I do almost 2 people job based on the work I complete. That's not counting my side duties and back up responsibilities. Also, essential means no one can take off. Sick? Too bad. Family emergency? Too bad. Vacation time? Too bad.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Two issues with your rant.
    1. People are clueless. Thus they will not notice that so much of the fed is not really needed.
    2. All the minority party does anymore is obstruct.

I wish the shutdown would actually save some money. Again though, this will just end up being a paid vacation for the .gov employees staying home because of it.
    wrong, actually they work without pay, like military and law enforcement and certain administration jobs. They are essential so they get to work without pay. Thank goodness slavery was outlawed, right?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So, employees like me either take vacation days or go without pay until they get the government working. Just remember most people live paycheck to paycheck and last shut down was 2 weeks, think about if you could afford 2 weeks without pay.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    But not all .gov workers will be working monday
    Only the "essential" will work 8hrs on monday and get paid whenever the .gov opens again.
    The "non essential" will report for 4 hrs and then go home. They may or may not get paid for their time off when the .gov opens. In the past they have always been back paid for being sent home.

What melensdad is ranting about was not the workers but the programs they work on. He wants cuts of those programs. I say go one step further and outright cut agencies as well.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Only the "essential" will work 8hrs on monday and get paid whenever the .gov opens again.
    The "non essential" will report for 4 hrs and then go home. They may or may not get paid for their time off when the .gov opens. In the past they have always been back paid for being sent home.

What melensdad is ranting about was not the workers but the programs they work on. He wants cuts of those programs. I say go one step further and outright cut agencies as well.
    I don't think you are correct in your assumption about his rant.

There are large departments in the Federal government that we could do without. The Department of Ediucation and their 4400 employees comes to mind quickly.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I would love to eliminate the employees, the programs and the departments. Non essential federal employees should simply not exist. Non essential federal programs should simply not exist. Departments and programs that are not authorized by the Constitution should not exist.

States, using state taxes, following the 50 various state Constitutions, under their individual authorities, can do as they please.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, they still have to decide to back pay. Problem is, non essential don't get that back since they didn't work. Course they can't work. So, get to decide to use vacation days or just go without pay. I know, I was working in the same building last time. More than one used all their sick and vacation days and ended up without pay for some of those days.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have furloughed a few days this year because the .gov, especially IL .gov payouts, or lack there of. I will sleep fine tonight... until work calls.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    Well, they still have to decide to back pay. Problem is, non essential don't get that back since they didn't work. Course they can't work. So, get to decide to use vacation days or just go without pay. I know, I was working in the same building last time. More than one used all their sick and vacation days and ended up without pay for some of those days.
    That definitely sucks, but imagine if all the useless departments and people that drive you nuts are told to get packing.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    That definitely sucks, but imagine if all the useless departments and people that drive you nuts are told to get packing.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Trump has already started trimming and cutting out those. Most of my office is in because they are essential. The 2 contractors aren't. I'm one of the two. Funny, because if we were employees we'd be working

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Trump has already started trimming and cutting out those. Most of my office is in because they are essential. The 2 contractors aren't. I'm one of the two. Funny, because if we were employees we'd be working

Most of that is for show. If he was serious he would cut departments out.

Until the department is gone the problem will persist. Next President who comes in can simply allow the existing departments to hire back employees that Trump cut. So nothing was resolved, nothing solved, nothing really fixed. Eliminate the departments, sell of the buildings, that will be a start.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom