• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sounds sensible. I'm just not sure what the implications are after you make or buy an SBR then you want to get rid of it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    There are some threads around the NFA forum on that subject. As I remember, the consensus was to turn it into a regular rifle if you wanted to sell it. NFA items are more of a lifetime purchase than something to use and try to sell.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Well I'm going to give my wife some props for the way she handled the fake IRS call she just got. Now, after I talked her down off the cliff after she texted me in a panic and explained the situation, she did the right thing and asked her husband's name and then they hung up. I told her to call the police and report the number and the incident and then let them take over.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    I dont know if this was via cellphone but if it was Verizon has a great caller ID with a user supported database of SPAM numbers. Good on her for putting the breaks on the call.

Well I'm going to give my wife some props for the way she handled the fake IRS call she just got. Now, after I talked her down off the cliff after she texted me in a panic and explained the situation, she did the right thing and asked her husband's name and then they hung up. I told her to call the police and report the number and the incident and then let them take over.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I dont know if this was via cellphone but if it was Verizon has a great caller ID with a user supported database of SPAM numbers. Good on her for putting the breaks on the call.

AT&T has a similar app called "Call Protect". Flags known spam numbers and telemarketers. Does a pretty good job, the only thing it has trouble with is the local spoofed numbers, since most of them are legit cell phone numbers.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    She should of played along. It can be quiet entertaining at times to waste their time.
    It caught her off guard because she was driving home after picking up the kid from The Sitter. I just glad she handled the situation properly. I on the other hand would have started playing games. Especially when they got to the part about the police are going to surround the house in 15 minutes.
    Thanks, we do have Verizon.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    AT&T has a similar app called "Call Protect". Flags known spam numbers and telemarketers. Does a pretty good job, the only thing it has trouble with is the local spoofed numbers, since most of them are legit cell phone numbers.

That's exactly what happened. It was a local number so she picked up. She kind of has to do this because of her job.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    If you have the $200 and another AR to play with, just do it. No sense in waiting around thinking about it for 6 months.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Off to another fencing tournament. Junior Varsity Championships. Woodstock, IL (near the Wisc border, far far northwest suburbs). I have 1 boy who could medal. My girl who would have been a medal shot is home sick with the stomach flu. Head coach is home sick. The team mom who normally attends is not attending. I have to pretend to be the adult today, this could be interesting. There could be a whole new generation of cigar smoking bourbon drinking kids after today :rolleyes:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not to change the subject but how do you like your SBR build?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I still have to get the barrel cut down.
    This time of year I get plastered with overtime, and I haven't been feeling well.

Hopefully soon I'll contact Allen in Indy (INGO) to cut the barrel.
    But first I need to get the gun engraved.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Off to another fencing tournament. Junior Varsity Championships. Woodstock, IL (near the Wisc border, far far northwest suburbs). I have 1 boy who could medal. My girl who would have been a medal shot is home sick with the stomach flu. Head coach is home sick. The team mom who normally attends is not attending. I have to pretend to be the adult today, this could be interesting. There could be a whole new generation of cigar smoking bourbon drinking kids after today :rolleyes:

:)

Everyone's sick lately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom