Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Cleaned up my new AR and got ready to attach my MBUS sights...and the rear sight did not have the retention screw. :xmad: You had 1 job Magpul!

Started my 5.56 collection today. The IMI sale, in-store coupon that expires today, along with points and discounted gift cards was a plus at Cabela's. Our son enjoyed his 1st trip as we meandered through the taxidermy and fish tanks up to the shooting section.

Boy am I sick of blowing my nose and hacking up little green and brown aliens. A solid night sleep is the goal tonight.

Are you calling them?

I have a gunsmith screw set, might have the right one.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Are you calling them?

I have a gunsmith screw set, might have the right one.
    Sent an email to BCI as I bought it through them. It is the weekend. Since I was going to sight it in in SE IN this coming weekend, I gave them the option of sending it directly to my parent's house if they couldn't get it to me by Friday. Appreciate the offer.

wassup61

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    nwi
    :n00b: Let's talk 5.56. Now that I've added another caliber to the collection :rolleyes:, I'm looking for opinions on good target ammo (not match) and defense (ex. For my AK, I have FMJ target and HP defense which you can find for identical prices). What are good/average prices per round? Is green tip worth the investment? Etc.
    Feel free to throw in optic ideas and mag preferences (where the Magpul gen m3 locks in solid) as that is on the horizon too. :spend:

Mags - any reputable GI manufacturer (D&H, C-Products, SDI, Colt, etc...), depending on gun, magpul m2/m3 (DO NOT USE AN M2 on a SCAR as you will destroy the bolt/bolt release in a few hundred rounds)

Optics - What is your purpose and budget? Answering this is the only way to have a relevant conversation.

Target ammo - skip the m855 "green tip" as it has been shown to be both a crapshoot for accuracy (3-4 MOA) and terminal ballistics are less than favorable (does not fragment or yaw reliably, think icepick wound cavity, through and through).

You will be well served with some Wolf GOLD brass cased 55gr "m193" . This stuff is loaded by TAA (a military subcontractor that makes federal gov't contract ammo). Clocked at ~3000fps out of a 16 inch carbine barrel. Nice and clean and consistently 2 MOA with fliers... Listed as a .223 loading, but performs at 5.56mm levels. (look for prices <30cpr, sportsmans guide, like them or not, has it for 28cpr shipped)

Other M193 - PRVI/PPU, Win Q3131a, IMI M193, CBC - perform similarly but at a higher price (32 cpr or thereabouts).

For self defense - at what range? MK262 black hills loadings are very pricey (1+ dollar a round) but are very effective. Avoid the Mk262 Federal loading as they pop primers and are overpressure dependent upon temperature.

Consistent performance on the "cheap" can be had from:

1. Speer Gold Dot 64gr soft point (Bonded) - nearly 100% retained weight and 12-14 inches of ballistic penetration (works well out of short barrels as well). Always available at palmetto state armory at 50-60 cents per round (with free shipping)
    2. Barnes TTSX/Federal Fusion 64gr (Bonded) - Same as above but much higher cost (80 CPR)

Shoot me a PM with any questions, happy to talk through my experiences :)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This just came up in my you tube feed.

[video=youtube;uKOEvczRaEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKOEvczRaEc[/video]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :puke:
    Now you are dating yourself.
    Never have liked the duke. But then again he is my grandpas superheros. Whereas my generations is the terminator and even he is old, old now. :(

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Character makes a man a hero. I don't see that in Arnold.

Hum... I would not consider either of them a hero.
    I said they were both super heros as in top movie actors.
    I know nothing of johns personal life and very little of arnolds. Mnor do i care to. They just enyertain people just on different eras. My ds has no clue who john is and only has heard of arnold a few times so to him they are no ones. His superheroes are the marvel avengers and the new star wars folks.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Anyone older than a teen knows him as "Bill Nye the Science Guy" but now he has a kids show called Bill Nye Saves the World, or something like that. Anyway, as part of his contribution to saving the world, he decided to have a bad song & dance routine to promote transgenderism ... or something. Its a painfully difficult video to watch because the segment is simply horrible.

This is why parents home school their kids :yesway:

[video=youtube;Wllc5gSc-N8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom