Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No we run just the cable, no ends. Then we terminate with jacks in closet n desk. Patch cable then used from desk to pc or closet to switches or servers.

I wish I could convince them to do that. But I'm running stuff to field applications, such as a single stand alone machine. They won't by the stuff to do that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That I can do. It's grunt work. What I've done my entire life.
    Try it in a steel mill.

:puke: No thank you. But suspect it may be easier in a steel mill then in an office environment paper wise.
    What I mean by that is before we can even open the floor we have to fill out some many paperforms, inform the union, put up safety cones, block off the area, ensure their are signs posted, etc... It's an admin nightmare!

I wish I could convince them to do that. But I'm running stuff to field applications, such as a single stand alone machine. They won't by the stuff to do that.

They use to run male connectors to male connectors 10 years ago where I am at. What they found is that the users are very destructive and with all the moving of the desktops or deliberate attempt to cut/break/damage the cables so they can not work they started putting female jacks on both ends and then just running patch cords from floor/furniture to pc/laptop. :)

That was way before my time.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Christ. What happened in the demotte area? About 5 squads flew by at triple digits with numerous fire engines and tankers behind
    Barn fire in a secluded area with a surprisingly large number of people there. Apparently there was no hay in the barn, and no electricity run to the barn, just a bunch of people and a fully involved structure.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    :puke: No thank you. But suspect it may be easier in a steel mill then in an office environment paper wise.
    What I mean by that is before we can even open the floor we have to fill out some many paperforms, inform the union, put up safety cones, block off the area, ensure their are signs posted, etc... It's an admin nightmare!

They use to run male connectors to male connectors 10 years ago where I am at. What they found is that the users are very destructive and with all the moving of the desktops or deliberate attempt to cut/break/damage the cables so they can not work they started putting female jacks on both ends and then just running patch cords from floor/furniture to pc/laptop. :)

That was way before my time.

Well Jedi, I'll see if I can't arrange a gate pass so you can see the OSHA nightmare we have to deal with.
    Though, when I pull floor panels in an empty computer room, I don't rope it off.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :n00b: Let's talk 5.56. Now that I've added another caliber to the collection :rolleyes:, I'm looking for opinions on good target ammo (not match) and defense (ex. For my AK, I have FMJ target and HP defense which you can find for identical prices). What are good/average prices per round? Is green tip worth the investment? Etc.
    Feel free to throw in optic ideas and mag preferences (where the Magpul gen m3 locks in solid) as that is on the horizon too. :spend:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Most of the target/bulk ammo that I've used has all been 2-4 MOA regardless of maker/type. XM193 (FMJ 55gr) and XM855 (Steel-core 62gr) are pretty much the same, though many ranges have rules about steel cored rounds. Not worth any extra money IMO...

You can find some decent 'match' ammo that's not $1.00+/round (CBC/Magtech ~$0.50) and it's been far more consistent in my experience. 1-2 MOA if you do your part.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Does anyone in the Crown Point area want an RCA 32" tube TV that works fine? Free to a good home. Also have a couple of smaller ones.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Cleaned up my new AR and got ready to attach my MBUS sights...and the rear sight did not have the retention screw. :xmad: You had 1 job Magpul!

Started my 5.56 collection today. The IMI sale, in-store coupon that expires today, along with points and discounted gift cards was a plus at Cabela's. Our son enjoyed his 1st trip as we meandered through the taxidermy and fish tanks up to the shooting section.

Boy am I sick of blowing my nose and hacking up little green and brown aliens. A solid night sleep is the goal tonight.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Cleaned up my new AR and got ready to attach my MBUS sights...and the rear sight did not have the retention screw. :xmad: You had 1 job Magpul!

Started my 5.56 collection today. The IMI sale, in-store coupon that expires today, along with points and discounted gift cards was a plus at Cabela's. Our son enjoyed his 1st trip as we meandered through the taxidermy and fish tanks up to the shooting section.

Boy am I sick of blowing my nose and hacking up little green and brown aliens. A solid night sleep is the goal tonight.
    Nothing PINK ? :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom