Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    National Parks Week:
    "Calling all families and friends to take a hike, bike, paddle, volunteer or just relax in one of your national parks. You can also celebrate National Park Week by taking part in various programs throughout the national lakeshore. BONUS! Entrance fees will be waived on both weekends (April 15 & 16 and 22 & 23)."

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Aftwr 125mph they should just let them go. At those speeds,if your car is not up for it u will end up splattered.
    Most of the cars on the road are not built to go anywhere near that fast. Tires and suspension become even more important. There is a reason tires have speed ratings.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Most of the cars on the road are not built to go anywhere near that fast. Tires and suspension become even more important. There is a reason tires have speed ratings.

Yea ok...

2 years ago on our circle around the lake tour I had the 87 IROC @ 152 mph for like 4 miles... The t tops were lifting LOL

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Return it back to Amazon that way you get all your money back. That would be less work then try to sell it and ship or deliver it to someone else.
    I didn't get it from Amazon and don't have the packaging, that's why I'm offering it up. I'll take less to not have it sitting in a drawer.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    That guy in the hellcat should have just kept going and put the pedal down harder. That thing tops out at something like 205.

Edit: After a quick Googling, the fastest standard police cars are in the 150mph range, so he was already going faster lmao

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Reposting for those who are not on Facebook with me...

Well, my Saturday got off to a lovely start. Took my Jeep to Bosak motors in Merrillville to have them look at my "check engine" light and also do an oil change and tire rotation. The check engine thing was due to a bad gas cap, which it apparently took 2.5 hours and $100 to diagnose. When I finally left, I pulled out of their lot, onto route 30, and MY LEFT REAR WHEEL FELL OFF! I managed to pull to the side of the highway, but not before much dragging and scraping of the hub and rear end occurred. I called them, and they picked me up and put me in a loaner. It's going to be at least Wednesday before they replace the tire, wheel, hub, rear brakes, and repair/repaint the corner of the body that got dragged.

I'm grateful that I am safe, but I'm f***ng pissed.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Well, my Saturday got off to a lovely start. Took my Jeep to Bozak motors in Merrillville to have them look at my "check engine" light and also do an oil change and tire rotation. The check engine thing was due to a bad gas cap, which it apparently took 2.5 hours and $100 to diagnose. When I finally left, I pulled out of their lot, onto route 30, and MY LEFT REAR WHEEL FELL OFF! I managed to pull to the side of the highway, but not before much dragging and scraping of the hub and rear end occurred. I called them, and they picked me up and put me in a loaner. It's going to be at least Wednesday before they replace the tire, wheel, hub, rear brakes, and repair/repaint the corner of the body that got dragged.

Unreal

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Well, my Saturday got off to a lovely start. Took my Jeep to Bozak motors in Merrillville to have them look at my "check engine" light and also do an oil change and tire rotation. The check engine thing was due to a bad gas cap, which it apparently took 2.5 hours and $100 to diagnose. When I finally left, I pulled out of their lot, onto route 30, and MY LEFT REAR WHEEL FELL OFF! I managed to pull to the side of the highway, but not before much dragging and scraping of the hub and rear end occurred. I called them, and they picked me up and put me in a loaner. It's going to be at least Wednesday before they replace the tire, wheel, hub, rear brakes, and repair/repaint the corner of the body that got dragged.

How did they mess up your tire?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A friend changed his tire at his dad's shop, when we were kids, and didn't know that that someone had turned down the pressure on the compressor. He was going about 55 -60 when his right front tire went off in a ditch. boy was he p****d.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Can't remember what shop it was. A buddy of mine took his vehicle in for an oil change. They drained the oil....... but forgot to put oil back in the engine.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    A friend changed his tire at his dad's shop, when we were kids, and didn't know that that someone had turned down the pressure on the compressor. He was going about 55 -60 when his right front tire went off in a ditch. boy was he p****d.
    When I worked at Sears and worked on tires the last thing we did was to use a torque wrench with the specs on the paperwork.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom