• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Nope. I used to have a Taurus SHO. I was looking at the Focus RS, but there is no way I was paying $45-48K for a Focus. So, I got a Golf R instead. It has been a pleasure to drive.
    Ouch, I didn't know they were that much, 350hp or not!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Ouch, I didn't know they were that much, 350hp or not!
    Exactly. They were being sold over MSRP. I saw some listed even higher, up to 10K over MSRP. I think MSRP was around 42.

The Golf was 36.5 and the auto is actually a bit faster than the RS. The APR tune is supposed to take it up to 360-390hp, under 4 secs 0-60, and a low 12 sec 1/4 mile.

It is intriguing.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Were you being forced to get the new software?

I could either A take the buyback, B do the fix which hasn't had any long term testing. More fuel, and hotter engine equals more wear, or C I could opt out and hope Indiana didn't decide to test diesel vehicles.

I figure for a bigger vehicle and around 10K off my X plan I would save around 90 per month even with taking the mpg hit.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I had the "pleasure" of driving my big tanker to Hammond to get a load of fuel for a South Bend station on Thursday evening. We usually run in Michigan but with a special overweight permit, we can run a few roads in Indiana. Here's my truck.

I loaded right by the toll road exit 5 and had to take Chicago St. (312) to 912 then to US 20. Driving a hazmat placarded vehicle, I have to stop at every railroad crossing. All 123 of them. Getting the 129,000 pounds moving again is always fun. And the stoplights. Reminds my of US 31 in Kokomo before the bypass was put in.

My left leg was a little sore this morning.

I really didn't mind though as it was something different than my normal loop I run in Michigan. That gets real boring.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I had the "pleasure" of driving my big tanker to Hammond to get a load of fuel for a South Bend station on Thursday evening. We usually run in Michigan but with a special overweight permit, we can run a few roads in Indiana. Here's my truck.

I loaded right by the toll road exit 5 and had to take Chicago St. (312) to 912 then to US 20. Driving a hazmat placarded vehicle, I have to stop at every railroad crossing. All 123 of them. Getting the 129,000 pounds moving again is always fun. And the stoplights. Reminds my of US 31 in Kokomo before the bypass was put in.

I really didn't mind though as it was something different than my normal loop I run in Michigan. That gets real boring.

:wavey:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

53 foot trailer?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    ?..Driving a hazmat placarded vehicle, I have to stop at every railroad crossing. All 123 of them. Getting the 129,000 pounds moving again is always fun. And the stoplights....

That would make for a long day. You should have just kept your flashers on the whole way. :laugh6:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Anyone need an iPad Air/Air 2 case? Been used for less than a week, but I'm giving this ipad to my son, so it needs to get a beefier case.

Its a Targus Safe Fit case seen here. Amazon is $29.99, I'll sell locally here for $20. Let me know
    https://www.amazon.com/Targus-Safe-Case-Black-THZ611GL/dp/B014N4D6H2
    Return it back to Amazon that way you get all your money back. That would be less work then try to sell it and ship or deliver it to someone else.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    53 foot trailer?
    It's about 49' I think. I'll try and measure it Tuesday when I go back.

That would make for a long day. You should have just kept your flashers on the whole way. :laugh6:

I think maybe I did.

Funny part. Somewhere between Gary and MC heading eastbound, I saw another RxR sign in my headlights. It's really dark and I had never been this way before. Throw on the 4 ways and start slowing down. I was down to about 20 mph when I realized US 20 curved left and the RR crossing was on a side road. So I just left my 4 ways on cause I was now just a slow moving vehicle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom