Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    We adopted and can recoup a lot of those expenses since we kept good records and receipts in addition to our own regular tax info.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Winamac DNR Range Changes

The DNR Manager of Winamac has just informed me of the following:

ust wanted to let you know that the Division of Fish and Wildlife has given the directive that the Winamac shooting range will be manned by a range officer at all times during operating hours. This will begin on April the 1st. As a result, the operating days and hours will be adjusted. The range will be open Friday through Tuesday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. eastern time. The range will be closed on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. The days and hours of operation will remain the same throughout the whole year.

This will not affect the Family Fun Shoot. We will begin the event at 8:00 a.m. eastern time as in the past.

Short summary
    - Range will now be open on Mondays
    - Range will be CLOSED Wed and Thrs
    - Range hours have changed to 9AM to 5PM EST (all year long)

Discussion in this thread
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-range-days-operation-change.html#post7015572

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I thought there was a Range Officer there all the time anyways.... Soooo basically they just said they were lowering how long the range would be open.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    My goodness!!! We're all the way to the bottom of the THIRD page

Personally, I'm less concerned with loosing a day/hours than I am having an RO on site when they're open.
    Best part of this location was the free to police yourselves idea...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My goodness!!! We're all the way to the bottom of the THIRD page

Personally, I'm less concerned with loosing a day/hours than I am having an RO on site when they're open.
    Best part of this location was the free to police yourselves idea...

Hum.. I dont think the culture at winamac has changed.
    Prior to this change there was a range officer there but he would go between the range and the skeet range and then,back to the winamac dnr office.
    Now all it means is that guy will just be sitting in the shed all day instead of going elsewhere.
    The dnr employees have not changed so i doubt we will have a different experience this year vs what its like at kingsburg or other very strict regulated structure.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2016
    Jasper County
    Hum.. I dont think the culture at winamac has changed.
    Prior to this change there was a range officer there but he would go between the range and the skeet range and then,back to the winamac dnr office.
    Now all it means is that guy will just be sitting in the shed all day instead of going elsewhere.
    The dnr employees have not changed so i doubt we will have a different experience this year vs what its like at kingsburg or other very strict regulated structure.

The guy at Kingsbury has totally killed any want for me to go to that range. It's nice out there but more than 2 shots out of my AR in 10 seconds and I'm getting yelled at that I'm "rapid firing".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom