• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Thanks for the offers... I retreated to my office area with 12 power supplies for computers in there it stays warm... Still have electricity so two oil heaters running and a blower in another room... and the water dripping... It only made it down to 58 last night before I got stuff running... I got one of those Janitrols furnaces and the dang igniter is like a carbon piece in there with two electric wires going into it... It looks like the igniter cracked so it doesn't ignite anymore and the safty on the thing shuts everything down when it starts registering un burn't gas in it... Maybe I'll pick up two of these dang things to have one in reserve... bbbbrrrrrrrr...

The sleep system works prety good and the wifey isn't upset with me for buying two of these military sleep systems anymore... lol...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Thanks for the offers... I retreated to my office area with 12 power supplies for computers in there it stays warm... Still have electricity so two oil heaters running and a blower in another room... and the water dripping... It only made it down to 58 last night before I got stuff running... I got one of those Janitrols furnaces and the dang igniter is like a carbon piece in there with two electric wires going into it... It looks like the igniter cracked so it doesn't ignite anymore and the safty on the thing shuts everything down when it starts registering un burn't gas in it... Maybe I'll pick up two of these dang things to have one in reserve... bbbbrrrrrrrr...

The sleep system works prety good and the wifey isn't upset with me for buying two of these military sleep systems anymore... lol...

Wear gloves when you handle those ignitors. The oils from your skin cause that ceramic to weaken and go out quicker. I learned this from a repair guy one winter after 2 ignitors cracked.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Wear gloves when you handle those ignitors. The oils from your skin cause that ceramic to weaken and go out quicker. I learned this from a repair guy one winter after 2 ignitors cracked.
    Yep, I was told he same thing. Spent a weekend a while back running to the furnace with a BBQ lighter every time I heard it wind up until I could to a shop to buy a replacement.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Yep, I was told he same thing. Spent a weekend a while back running to the furnace with a BBQ lighter every time I heard it wind up until I could to a shop to buy a replacement.
    All of the techs working at Sears told us the same thing and I always passed it on. Skin oils kill the ignitor much much quicker. Avoid touching and wear latex or rubber gloves when you are working near it.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    well replacement is in place and I think I still have alittle ammo money left over...

Got to put the military sleep systems back away....

Taday isn't all that bed but yesterday and last night sucked...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm working on putting a little in the bank so I can add a can to my Remy 308... Got the SIG QD Brake in and next the rifle goes off to the gunsmith to get threaded... Still waiting on my PST scope to show up though... I'm bummed about this scope being on order since November... Vortex says they are behind on shipping the PST's so I'm guessing it isn't my dealer but the factory that has me on pins and needles waiting...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom