droopy%2Bdog%2Bcartoon%2B4.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If he was _____ he would have been ____ by a _____ ___ and his mama would have cried he was turning his life around.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So had a crazy idea of getting a progressive press instead of another gun at the gun show next month. Anyone have the LNL AP without all the add on's? I would still like to stay hands on manually inserting a case and dropping a bullet, and from a few videos it seems to work just fine.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I have the Dillon Square D for pistol loads, I have used the Hornady progressive and the Dillon 550, 650xl, and 1050 presses before. All are fine progressive presses... If you want to run one of my Square D's some time let me know...

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    So had a crazy idea of getting a progressive press instead of another gun at the gun show next month. Anyone have the LNL AP without all the add on's? I would still like to stay hands on manually inserting a case and dropping a bullet, and from a few videos it seems to work just fine.

Thats what I run. Haven't had any issues with it except when there are only about 3-4 primers left, they sometimes get flipped or sideways in me, but it f I drop more primers before I continue, I'm golden. I am considering the case feeder to help speed things up just a hair.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I've noticed when using the cheaper S&B brand primers they will occasionally flip in the primer feed on my Square D... Winchester and CCI don't do that though...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've noticed when using the cheaper S&B brand primers they will occasionally flip in the primer feed on my Square D... Winchester and CCI don't do that though...

When I used CCI primers in my 550 the ram knuckle that connects the handle to the ram shaft broke. Dillion replaced it and asked me if I was using CCI primers. Said they should not be used in their reloads.

That was 20+ years ago, they may have changed their recommendations about CCI.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom