Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Thats what I run. Haven't had any issues with it except when there are only about 3-4 primers left, they sometimes get flipped or sideways in me, but it f I drop more primers before I continue, I'm golden. I am considering the case feeder to help speed things up just a hair.

Yeah I wouldn't plan on buying the extras till further down the road if I even do. I found out my wife's Sccy fits my center console and I have shot it before so now it boils down to whether I find the press or Sccy at the Valpo gun show in Feb.

I am planning on selling some things like a standard weight set with 2 dumbbells and probably close to 120lbs in weights. More than likely my shotgun press as I don't shoot them much expect when we do clays or if I decide to do turkey in the fall, and I haven't even got around to getting supplies for 20ga 2 3/4 and 3in. In a far out there my marlin 60 w/scope as I'm satisfied with the 10/22 and have a bolt action Marlin 80DL which runs pretty nice. I figure if I do sell those I should have close to 350 plus roughly 90 from my pedometer which pays you for the number of steps as you reach certain levels each quarter. So I could use what I sell to get my press and wait till Santa hopefully drops a CPX-2 in my stocking if I stay on her good side.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad, I noticed the S&B primers are thinner and much lighter weight than the CCI or Winchester primers but they all touch the fire off and the S&B are like 17 to 24 dollars a thousand versus the others for like 37 dollars...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Melensdad, I noticed the S&B primers are thinner and much lighter weight than the CCI or Winchester primers but they all touch the fire off and the S&B are like 17 to 24 dollars a thousand versus the others for like 37 dollars...

In the case with using CCI in the Dillon press, if I recall correctly, the cups were a bit thicker (and possibly taller) so they didn't press in all the way and that caused stress on the press, causing it to break. Dillion said it was a common problem. But again, that was 20+ years ago. Haven't used CCI primers since. Ended up selling that press for more than I paid for it, now I have a Hornady.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I been looking at the Hornady Progressive for rifle... I'm a die hard Dillon fan but the Hornady runs about a 100 bucks less and since no one is breaking their computers as fast anymore I have to be a cheap b******.... lol...

Never had any issues with CCI, Winchester, Federal, or Wolf primers...

Now Tula have been a roll of the dice if they were going to go off...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm probably sure a no no but my cci primers have all gone bang even after spending their days waiting to be chosen for they day to shine in my garage.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Valparaiso Police Department is holding a Surviving an Active Shooter incident seminar on Feb 20th from 8am to 12pm. Cost is 35 preregister or 40 at the door. Go to http://www.vertexperformance.net and click on seminar for info.

Hum.. Their website does not give the clsss agenda.
    I wonder if they are going to teach the run, hide, fight as last resort training,or something else.

At work we are NOT allowed to discuss this type of training. The singke company video we have on the subject has no link in the training videos the only way to view it is via a search for the title and if you view it expect management to come by your desk and ask you why as it flags in the system.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, You know your suppose to set the baracuda not to manage or track your mac addresses data requests.... geeeeezzzeee...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Before the rumor mill starts as per the HobartPD:
    "This evening, January 26, 2016, we received information of a vague threat toward Hobart High School tomorrow. The message was posted to a generic computer application that serves as a message board through itunes. It only takes a Facebook user name to access. The Hobart Police Department is already thoroughly investigating the origin of the message.

While we do not believe that there is any merit to the “anonymous” post, out of an abundance of caution…we will have an extra police presence at the school throughout the day. We want to ensure there are no weapons brought to school, and of course, no undesirable visitors. Most importantly, we want to minimize the disruption in our children’s educational process.

We want to thank those concerned parents and students that reached out to us with the information. We appreciate being able to get the information early, so we can thoroughly pursue the matter. If anyone has any further information or leads, please contact our Investigations at (219) 942-3406."

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Before the rumor mill starts as per the HobartPD:
    "This evening, January 26, 2016, we received information of a vague threat toward Hobart High School tomorrow. The message was posted to a generic computer application that serves as a message board through itunes. It only takes a Facebook user name to access. The Hobart Police Department is already thoroughly investigating the origin of the message.

While we do not believe that there is any merit to the “anonymous” post, out of an abundance of caution…we will have an extra police presence at the school throughout the day. We want to ensure there are no weapons brought to school, and of course, no undesirable visitors. Most importantly, we want to minimize the disruption in our children’s educational process.

We want to thank those concerned parents and students that reached out to us with the information. We appreciate being able to get the information early, so we can thoroughly pursue the matter. If anyone has any further information or leads, please contact our Investigations at (219) 942-3406."

I also notice Larry is not on here. Coincidence? :dunno:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :rolleyes: crisis averted. I guess logging in with your Facebook account would not be the wisest idea.
    "The Hobart Police department has positively confirmed the identity of the person who sent the vague threat. The juvenile is in custody at the Hobart police department. There is no threat to any schools or students and business is as usual at this time. Thank you for the tips and concern."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom