Not open for further replies.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Depends on which State your in....

Sooooo no Accurate #2 at the show today.... Place was over run with people.... The bullets guy was out by 10 AM this morning... Got some more liberty 2100 fps 357 magnum stuff though... ok price....

I should have gone to the indy last weekend though... Anyone want a CETME, I still have it...

That is all....

I'm either standing there when the doors open, or I don't go. Which bullet guy?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Indiana Bullets is in there every show anymore and I have found their lead bullets to be great quality and at 34 dollars per 500 for the 158 grain LRN stuff some of the most economical in the area.

I show up about a hour after opening anymore in case there is a line to get in, no sense in standing in a line that isn't able to move forward...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The water company is still at the neighbor's working. At least they were kind enough to call at 12:30 am to inform me they were shutting off the water. All night: generators, banging, heavy equipment, flashing lights... Needless to say I didn't get a good sleep. :rolleyes: At least this was noticed when it started last night and the water on my property was kept to what it was. I can't imagine waking up this morning and seeing how much water would have collected.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I hate to admit it, but I'm going to agree with Jedi. If it's gonna be cold like this we need some snow. Feets and feets. Doesn't really matter since it's supposed to be in the 40s this week.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    The water company is still at the neighbor's working. At least they were kind enough to call at 12:30 am to inform me they were shutting off the water. All night: generators, banging, heavy equipment, flashing lights... Needless to say I didn't get a good sleep. :rolleyes: At least this was noticed when it started last night and the water on my property was kept to what it was. I can't imagine waking up this morning and seeing how much water would have collected.

I wouldn't like having the job of fixing water leaks in the winter. Let alone all night long. Glad they got it fixed.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Indiana Bullets is in there every show anymore and I have found their lead bullets to be great quality and at 34 dollars per 500 for the 158 grain LRN stuff some of the most economical in the area.

I show up about a hour after opening anymore in case there is a line to get in, no sense in standing in a line that isn't able to move forward...

I have bought powder from him more than once. Never bought bullets from him. He's a nice guy, I usually end up talking with him for a while at each show. I've bought lead bullets from a guy in Cal. City for years. Pretty much the same price. Good product as well. To be honest though, I'm quite happy with these plated bullets from Berry's Bullets I tried a while ago. I may be switching.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I've bought from Gardner over in Cal city before, haven't seen him at any shows of late though. His bullets were fine but they were pretty dirty to handle. My main supplier up to meeting up with Indiana Bullets was Kempf in Michigan City. Those sns bullets are super clean to handle and real hard so they didn't leave anything in the bore. Indiana Bullets are just as good as the sns stuff was but a bit cheaper. Him and his wife are good people also... A bonus after dealing with the original Kempf... lol... The guys running the shop now are pretty nice though...

I like the coated stuff for magnums but the lead is fine with 9mm and 38 special velocities and does keep my per round price down enough to shoot as much as I do...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Can anyone around here use some 115 gr 9mm FMJ? I've got just over 1000 rounds of it that I'm looking to sell. It's Freedom Reman and Fiocchi. PM me if interested, otherwise I'll post up in the classifieds.

I also have an Allen Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle case for sale, complete with three mags.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I've bought from Gardner over in Cal city before, haven't seen him at any shows of late though. His bullets were fine but they were pretty dirty to handle. My main supplier up to meeting up with Indiana Bullets was Kempf in Michigan City. Those sns bullets are super clean to handle and real hard so they didn't leave anything in the bore. Indiana Bullets are just as good as the sns stuff was but a bit cheaper. Him and his wife are good people also... A bonus after dealing with the original Kempf... lol... The guys running the shop now are pretty nice though...

I like the coated stuff for magnums but the lead is fine with 9mm and 38 special velocities and does keep my per round price down enough to shoot as much as I do...

I don't think Garnder goes to any of the shows anymore, and I agree they are dirty to handle.

I used to buy bullets from Kempf almost exclusively, He used to sell a tumbled bullet with a gold colored coating that I really liked. His personality, on the other hand, cost him some business. The last time I was there I walked out with a couple hundred dollars worth of merchandise sitting on the counter. Never went back. If it's in different hands these days, it may be worth going back.

The fact that I can buy plated bullets for just a little more per thousand makes it very doable though.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I don't think Garnder goes to any of the shows anymore, and I agree they are dirty to handle.

I used to buy bullets from Kempf almost exclusively, He used to sell a tumbled bullet with a gold colored coating that I really liked. His personality, on the other hand, cost him some business. The last time I was there I walked out with a couple hundred dollars worth of merchandise sitting on the counter. Never went back. If it's in different hands these days, it may be worth going back.

The fact that I can buy plated bullets for just a little more per thousand makes it very doable though.

I've had no issues in the past few years of stopping in. The daughter? I think was helpful in my questions for what they buy brass for and a decent street value if I was to sell on my own.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

This is why I'm glad we have a well.

wassup61

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    nwi
    Can anyone around here use some 115 gr 9mm FMJ? I've got just over 1000 rounds of it that I'm looking to sell. It's Freedom Reman and Fiocchi. PM me if interested, otherwise I'll post up in the classifieds.

I also have an Allen Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle case for sale, complete with three mags.

I'm interested in the case and mags.50 dorra?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom