Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Any HVAC people here? I changed on the capacitor as the old one had a corroded terminal and the fan wire had come disconnected. The AC still wouldn't work till I manually pressed in the relay and all would work and you could feel the refrigerant getting cooler. I have a DMM but only barely remember testing automotive relays years ago and nothing like this. any help would be appreciated 2194765582. We are going out of town this weekend and have pets. Would like to have a plan as most HVAC people are booked this week.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Any HVAC people here? I changed on the capacitor as the old one had a corroded terminal and the fan wire had come disconnected. The AC still wouldn't work till I manually pressed in the relay and all would work and you could feel the refrigerant getting cooler. I have a DMM but only barely remember testing automotive relays years ago and nothing like this. any help would be appreciated 2194765582. We are going out of town this weekend and have pets. Would like to have a plan as most HVAC people are booked this week.

I believe that relay operates on 24 vac. With your thermostat asking for cool, there should be 24volts ac on the two small wires, usually on the sides. If not, you may want to locate the transformer either on or in the furnace and see if you can measure voltage at the transformer.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I believe that relay operates on 24 vac. With your thermostat asking for cool, there should be 24volts ac on the two small wires, usually on the sides. If not, you may want to locate the transformer either on or in the furnace and see if you can measure voltage at the transformer.

I checked before it started getting too dark and have 230VAC going in to the relay, and nothing coming out. Then again I don't think I had the air on in the house in order for it to show anything. I'll have to check in the morning for 24VAC on the sides

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Help send a Raccoon to summer camp at Jedi's house.

OK here is the new offer. If anyone can get me 10 signatures, Jedi gets 1 raccoon. 20 = 2 raccoons. But get the petition to its goal and I'll deliver Jedi 10 raccoons. Feel free to share on Facebook asking for signatures, SPAM your coworkers and belittle them until they submit and sign the petition or walk the local cemetery and fill in names.

BUT WAIT, THAT'S NOT ALL.

I'll throw in 20 chipmunks and 1 mole.

Of course, this is a JEDI PRIME offer so shipping is free!

Now if you want those delivered to more than 1 address then there would be some added shipping/handling charges.

GIFT WRAPPING is available on these items at a slightly increased cost.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    My grandmother telling me the meat on the stove was chicken.... Is the reason I have trust issues today.

Death to all raccoons.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    HHHmmmm so I should just be other people and sign your petition to release the wrath of raccoon on Jedi. This sounds doable...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom