• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I need some recommendations to replace a timber retaining wall. I sent out a RFQ to 4 different places nearby and I only expect to get 1 response.

Valpo, 2 walls ~20' x 5', need to add drainage and possibly create footers for the replacement.

I know I don't want to or have the time to DIY.
    Any leads are appreciated. I didn't think it would be this hard to spend my money...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I haven't been in awhile. What time do they usually go til? I'd like to go, but have to be back in Schererville to work at 2.
    It all just depends on how many people show up. Looks like it's going to be on the cool side so I don't think there'll be a big turnout. I think the latest I've ever gotten out was 1 o'clock.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    It all just depends on how many people show up. Looks like it's going to be on the cool side so I don't think there'll be a big turnout. I think the latest I've ever gotten out was 1 o'clock.

Hmmm. Might have to give it a shot. Worst case scenario I've gotta leave a little early.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The "straw raffle" idea seems pretty hinky to me. I maintain charity gaming for the IW. There is paperwork, checking account requirements, restrictions, costs, time limits, etc... But, I suppose a registered party could hold the raffle and then donate proceeds to another group.
    Here's an idea - buy extra shirts or hats and give them to the kids. I mean, the money was donated for the event after all - unless i'm missing something.
    IMO keep it simple.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Bigretic, Well it wouldn't be a straw raffle as the organization that has the status etc. does free education as part of their design. That is all they do and as long as they were taking part in the Youth day and the monies were going towards the youth shoot it would be all legit and what they do.

With that said a raffle is a gamble that the organization will raise more money than what it cost to do the raffle and since we are coming out with this with money that we are already ahead I would think it was better to just use it for the shoot rather than taking the gamble.

but I'm not the organizer so .... I'm all for getting more kids out and on the range to make more young shooters in our sport how ever that takes place.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Going to be selling off my Benelli M2 Tactical shotgun. Figured I would drop it here 1st and keep it local. $1,050 with extended tube, less then 500 rounds total though her. 21 and over DL and carry card required.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Bigretic, Well it wouldn't be a straw raffle as the organization that has the status etc. does free education as part of their design. That is all they do and as long as they were taking part in the Youth day and the monies were going towards the youth shoot it would be all legit and what they do.

With that said a raffle is a gamble that the organization will raise more money than what it cost to do the raffle and since we are coming out with this with money that we are already ahead I would think it was better to just use it for the shoot rather than taking the gamble.

but I'm not the organizer so .... I'm all for getting more kids out and on the range to make more young shooters in our sport how ever that takes place.

Yup raffles are a pain. They either sell out and make a lot of money, or they don't work.
    We had a raffle at the Post. They wanted to make it easy, so they raffled a black powder rifle. But, hard to raffle those off.
    They should have raffled a 1911 with a POW/MIA emblem or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom