• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I know a lot of you have been wondering about what is going on with LadyGhost and myself. So here is the update. I had a second gel injection in my knee with hopes of it would alleviate the problems I was having two weeks ago, it didn't work, but I am NOT going to contemplate knee replacement surgery at this point in time. I see the surgeon next thursday and anticipate being released back to work on April 3rd. As for LadyGhost, At the time of the meet and eat she was in the hospital so they could see if they could pin down the source of her infection. It would appear that she is allergic to the metal that is used for knee replacements and/or for pinning the leg straight. It seems to take her body 6 months or so to build up enough steam to fight it. We asked about alternatives to metal and were told that at this point in time there are none that are FDA approved. I guess nobody wants to spend the millions of dollars in R&D to develop and get something like a plastic approved.
    She saw the surgeon today and made the decision to have the leg amputated. As you can imagine this was NOT a decision that was easy, nor was it taken lightly, however it seems to be the right/best course of action. I've spent most of the day looking at the house with a different eye in terms of accessabilty with a wheelchair. And as such I forsee me being rather busy this spring/summer with projects for this i.e. wheelchair ramp, walkways around the property, etc. It's our hope that by having this done she will be able to heal fully. This has been a 3.5 year journey that has had more lows than highs with multiple stays in rehab facilities, more surgeries that I can count (11+), in general a real soup sandwich. Today was a perfect day considering everything I might add. Dark, dreary, and generally ugly

Ok, it's 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep and figured I might as well update y'all on what is going on. A number of you asked at the meet and eat, so I guess I have been remiss in keeping you all updated.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I know a lot of you have been wondering about what is going on with LadyGhost and myself. So here is the update. I had a second gel injection in my knee with hopes of it would alleviate the problems I was having two weeks ago, it didn't work, but I am NOT going to contemplate knee replacement surgery at this point in time. I see the surgeon next thursday and anticipate being released back to work on April 3rd. As for LadyGhost, At the time of the meet and eat she was in the hospital so they could see if they could pin down the source of her infection. It would appear that she is allergic to the metal that is used for knee replacements and/or for pinning the leg straight. It seems to take her body 6 months or so to build up enough steam to fight it. We asked about alternatives to metal and were told that at this point in time there are none that are FDA approved. I guess nobody wants to spend the millions of dollars in R&D to develop and get something like a plastic approved.
    She saw the surgeon today and made the decision to have the leg amputated. As you can imagine this was NOT a decision that was easy, nor was it taken lightly, however it seems to be the right/best course of action. I've spent most of the day looking at the house with a different eye in terms of accessabilty with a wheelchair. And as such I forsee me being rather busy this spring/summer with projects for this i.e. wheelchair ramp, walkways around the property, etc. It's our hope that by having this done she will be able to heal fully. This has been a 3.5 year journey that has had more lows than highs with multiple stays in rehab facilities, more surgeries that I can count (11+), in general a real soup sandwich. Today was a perfect day considering everything I might add. Dark, dreary, and generally ugly

Ok, it's 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep and figured I might as well update y'all on what is going on. A number of you asked at the meet and eat, so I guess I have been remiss in keeping you all updated.
    Prayers to you and yours.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Prayers to you and yours.

Prayer most assuredly!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I know a lot of you have been wondering about what is going on with LadyGhost and myself.

I think the last time I saw Michelle (quite a while ago) she actually said that it might be best if they just amputated it so she could get on with living. It may end up being the best thing. Clearly there will be a physical transition period and clearly there is a mental adjustment period too but living with pain is no way to live. Good luck to her and prayers for both of you.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Shooting some of these this weekend at the M&S...

45702509hdrfil.jpg

GOW.... sending my best prayers... see you guys soon hopefully...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    600 miles since noon makes for a loooong day.
    goodnight ingo.[/QUOTE.

That is a long day! I lucked out and only had to make multiple trips to wheatfied this time...

yeah, it pretty much sucked. The first two hours were white-knuckle driving in Minnesota. It's almost as if the DOT up there was playing a game and randomly not plowing a lane, sometimes the left, sometimes the right; but truthfully it was the wind blowing the snow back onto the road. Once we got into Wisconsin it was clear driving to south of Madison where it started to snow again. Rather than mess with bad weather, construction, and rush hour in Chicago we decided to stay on 39 and go down to 80. The snow stayed with us to about Rochelle. From there to Michigan wasn't too bad and then on my way home from Michigan I hit quite a few squalls between Bridgman and Portage.
    The good news is my parents have both had their surgeries and are home.

@ghost & ladyghost: I'm sorry to hear that things have not turned out well, but I know what living with chronic pain is like. I will be praying for both of you.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The good thing about my trip was that I was driving my dad's car, a 2010 police interceptor. people see the spotlight and tend to get out of the way.

Can someone explain to me why police department have rules that prevent them from engaging in high-speed chases yet they still buy "Police Interceptor" vehicles with engines pumped up on steroids getting miserable fuel economy? Why don't the Po-Po use economy cars? Seriously. All over Europe the police drive little hatchbacks with 4 banger econo engines. Sure they have SOME tactical vehicles, but the run of the mill traffic cop doesn't need 350hp getting 10mpg. Seems to me, as a taxpayer, we are paying for testosterone rather than practicality.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom