Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I read online somewhere where the piston comes apart inside seizing it in place, but I even tried starting fluid with no luck.

Well, starting fluid goes in the air intake, and changes the gas/air mixture.
    Sea foam goes in the gas, and is supposed to dissolve gunked up gas. It's been a while, but I think you're supposed to put it in the tank, cycle some into the fuel system by pulling the start chain (slow. don't start, just work new fuel into the lines) then let it sit for so long.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    NWI is high on gun prices compared to other shops around the state. I remember when Blythes used to be reasonable. I imagine they had to pay for the remodeling they did and the range makeover and all the people they currently employ.

I miss Fetla's so badly.
    Fetla's and Bert are just a fading memory. The remolded place is now Foundation Building Materials, a building supply company.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Fetla's and Bert are just a fading memory. The remolded place is now Foundation Building Materials, a building supply company.

OMG Bert! I had so many guns on layway over the years. Probably spent more in gas making payments than I did on the guns. That was a one of a kind place. Where else could you buy a cast iron fry pan, bullets, baby food, and a camp stove, all in the same isle?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    OMG Bert! I had so many guns on layway over the years. Probably spent more in gas making payments than I did on the guns. That was a one of a kind place. Where else could you buy a cast iron fry pan, bullets, baby food, and a camp stove, all in the same isle?
    Definitely one of a kind store. Did you ever get to see all the stuff in the basement of Liverpool Hardware back in the day when they were open?

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Yep. We need another store around here that rivals Fetlas, has good prices on guns/ammo, (especially odd and curio guns) +and has that old moldy canvas smell. A place where I can buy a samurai sword, a can of baked beans and a Chinese thumb trap...lol that would be my store.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Is there any such thing as military surplus any more?

Sportsman's Guide has real military surplus. I got some Swiss Army pajamas for $6 a set. I've also bought milsurp long underwear from them, and I think some German camo caps with brims that I use for spare shooting/mowing caps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom