Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Made it back from Schererville. It's not so bad out there. Did hear the N bound ramp off 30 to 65 is unusable thus blocked off. If this is your route, I'd take an alternative. 45 mph on SR 41 & 55 on 80/94 both ways.
    Satellite just went out. :xmad:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    No power in far west suburban Lowellabama. Went out about 10 minutes ago. The hum of the generator is a comforting sound in the background.

As for roads, at 10:30am I went into Lowell, we had about 2.5 to 3" of snow on the ground but every intersection was slippery. One lady in a ditch in her fancy 4x4. Can't speak to the road conditions since I got back but I suspect they are worse.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Numerous reports of power out in Portage. Still going strong here...for now. If there is mail in the mailbox currently, it is going to stay there!

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Lights have flickered a few times in Lake Village, but still on. Generator fired up after a couple pulls, but snowblower won't start. The hose from the primer bulb to the carb is disconnected, and I haven't taken off the cover to get to it. Either going to shovel or go to my in-laws a couple blocks away to get their blower.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Well I made 87 rounds, but had some issues with OAl varying. I'm loading 115gr xtreme right now over 4.2gr Titegroup with a 1.15 OAL. The 450 has it varied from 1.158 to 1.146 on 10 of them with the rest falling + or - .001. Am I doing something wrong. I try to apply constant pressure with each pull. I'm moving slow as I get a hang of the pattern.

It's an odd variation for sure. Not enough to be alarmed about though imo. Remember you are measuring at the tip of the bullet. Your sizing die is likely not engaging the tip of the bullet, but rather more like the ogive. Variations in the bullet shape and size can account for this variance.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Saw frosty beer sex today while I was outside clearing the driveway. He was hoping to go home early, but was getting :whip: to work.

They ended up calling us in early. If ur trash in Schererville, CP or GI didnt get picked up, they are supposed to go back tomorrow (if we're working) so dont bury it in the snow or we'll take ur can.....

Good to see ya Aclark.... U end up going on today? After i picked up ur house, 3 spin offs on 109 in front of ur sub...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    They ended up calling us in early. If ur trash in Schererville, CP or GI didnt get picked up, they are supposed to go back tomorrow (if we're working) so dont bury it in the snow or we'll take ur can.....

Good to see ya Aclark.... U end up going on today? After i picked up ur house, 3 spin offs on 109 in front of ur sub...
    Nah, didn't go out. Rescheduled for tomorrow, hopefully the roads are clear. Went back out a bit ago and used the snowblower to clear the drive a 2nd time. Already fully covered, but since its wet heavy snow, figured I'll try to keep up so I don't break the blower.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Someone must be at home, bored.

But people are freqking out and its,not,like we have not seen snow before.

It's like that every year.

My cousin got stuck at her hospital once. they MADE her stay the night and paid her like $2/hr to sleep. She lives a few blocks from hospital, but I guess they need the staff that's already there...

I got rated pay to stay day after day.
    Of course that meant every 15 minutes I had some stupid job.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Constant high winds are blowing my furnace exhaust back down the to the furnace causing high temp and furnace to shut down. I have had to reset it twice in about an hour. Is this unsafe as far as carbon monoxide?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Constant high winds are blowing my furnace exhaust back down the to the furnace causing high temp and furnace to shut down. I have had to reset it twice in about an hour. Is this unsafe as far as carbon monoxide?
    probably not, if it's shutting down.
    But, is that the reason? Wind isn't nearly as bad as last week.
    And you need a CO detector.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Yes we have CO detector. It has happened before depending on direction of winds and how steady, just a couple times in the last several years, although I haven't had to reset more than once in the past. We had a extra blower fan installed on the pipe around ten years ago.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I go in at 7p.

Hospital is already initiating disaster plan, telling people to plan on not leaving.

Got a call as I was laying down to sleep, said they have a bed for me to nap before my shift if I come in now.

I've never missed work due to weather, not any different today. I've got a Subaru on snow tires if the truck won't cut it.
    Thank God for hours of service laws, even though the RR tries to claim "emergency" all the time.
    Now if the state would drop the stupid exemption for RR workers to be out when roads are closed we'd be good.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    1775, 9mm cases are all over the place in size... That could be the difference, if your pistol will run the gamut of sizes then it won't matter... My Beretta 92 runs everything but my Springfield Fully Loaded 1911A1 in 9mm doesn't like COL to be too much out of spec...

Jedi, you dumped a lot of white stuff over at my place... I will expect you to have it cleaned up by morning so I can get out to clients...

Had to actually use the 4 wheel drive high today to stay on the street.... very interesting....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom