• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    My cousin got stuck at her hospital once. they MADE her stay the night and paid her like $2/hr to sleep. She lives a few blocks from hospital, but I guess they need the staff that's already there...

Part of the job.
    If you walk out after emergency declared, it's patient abandonment.

But, they pay us full rate when mandated to stay.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Constant high winds are blowing my furnace exhaust back down the to the furnace causing high temp and furnace to shut down. I have had to reset it twice in about an hour. Is this unsafe as far as carbon monoxide?
    uh, yah, need a co2 detector. I just replaced mine outside the mech. closet - fire/smoke co2 combo was like $50 but good for 10 years and no battery changes.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yes we have CO detector. It has happened before depending on direction of winds and how steady, just a couple times in the last several years, although I haven't had to reset more than once in the past. We had a extra blower fan installed on the pipe around ten years ago.

btw, I recall having that prob in the past and it was the way the snow drifted around the vent pipe capping that caused it. sucked, but I went on the roof - in this type of weather (carefully.. lol) and kicked all the snow away from the furnace vent and pipe and no more issues for the duration of the storm.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Anyone with FB please chime in here. Friends had some furniture delivered from Art Van and they literally took a hammer to the walls and wont fix it. The first link is my friends post, and the 2nd is the the link to Art Van's page where a few of us have posted the story.

https://www.facebook.com/ruthann.szwetruffle/posts/10153184508986442?pnref=story

https://www.facebook.com/art.van.furniture/posts_to_page/

The whole situation right there is pure :bs:! String someone along for a month, then blow a customer off where some dry wall, labor, paint, and an apology is the minimum needed. That is a sorry business practice.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    My buddy does construction and initially only asked to be paid for drywall, mud, etc and said he would repair it. They said no and wanted a professional quote. Then strung him along for a month.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My buddy does construction and initially only asked to be paid for drywall, mud, etc and said he would repair it. They said no and wanted a professional quote. Then strung him along for a month.
    :scratch:Absurd! Hopefully management will be made aware of this or the BBB.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yes we have CO detector. It has happened before depending on direction of winds and how steady, just a couple times in the last several years, although I haven't had to reset more than once in the past. We had a extra blower fan installed on the pipe around ten years ago.

Makes me wonder if you have a restriction in the flue. A restriction will cause pressure/flow fluctuations

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ok. I'm ready for the power to come back on.

Power went out here around 2. My generator died at 3:30. Went out and opened the enclosure. Oil spewed everywhere. Oil fill cap was missing. Took the front off the enclosure and found the cap, totally undamaged, sitting on the bottom of the enclosure. Refilled the oil. Replaced the cap. Couldn't get the engine to start. Called tech support, they gave me a button sequence to press on the control pad, 5 second countdown showed up on the control read-out 5-4-3-2-1 and I had power again.

My first generator lasted 17+ years.

You will never regret buying one.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    power off and on 8 times now. no longer than 8 seconds. hoping not to have to fire up the generator. i'm a poor boy with a back feed...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    "The Porter County Board of Commissioners have declared a State of Emergency. Only emergency vehicles, plows and utility vehicles will be allowed on roadways."

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Anyone with FB please chime in here. Friends had some furniture delivered from Art Van and they literally took a hammer to the walls and wont fix it. The first link is my friends post, and the 2nd is the the link to Art Van's page where a few of us have posted the story.

https://www.facebook.com/ruthann.szwetruffle/posts/10153184508986442?pnref=story

https://www.facebook.com/art.van.furniture/posts_to_page/

:scratch:Absurd! Hopefully management will be made aware of this or the BBB.

It would appear the wheels are in motion.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soooooo going shooting out in La Porte on private property tonight probably isn't considered and emergency or a essential travel situation ?

Oh darn.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom