• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Indiana Lineman, you need to let me know when your going to go buy stuff at Cabelas, I'm normally the guy walking around telling people about how something works and naturally selling their stuff.... I probably should get a side job there instead of just helping sell stuff for the heck of it...

Soooooooo got to play with 1919's today.... All is good in the universe...
    Cabela's would like to hire you but your over-qualifed. Move along, Can I help the next customer.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    What are you looking for?
    Monetary donations. Last year the shirts we had from printcraft ran approx 240. We have 140 in the fund now with one business for the back of the shirt. I'm sure my wife will make a business donation as well just not sure how much. I plan on the same design of course some new businesses on the back and some date changes, and my wife will take them once I get sizes to get coach or volunteer on the back to make it easier for those who come to see who's who. I know the folks who came wanted to "buy" (make a donation for a shirt/hat), but haven't had word on if we are planing on doing that or maybe hats as the cost will only rise.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Have you hit up Blythes or Copper Customs for a sponsorship? What about that other shop just north of Blythes that someone was talking about? The Gun Store on rt30 near Plymouth? All these places should donate no questions asked really. If not I question their commitment to the gun community.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Have you hit up Blythes or Copper Customs for a sponsorship? What about that other shop just north of Blythes that someone was talking about? The Gun Store on rt30 near Plymouth? All these places should donate no questions asked really. If not I question their commitment to the gun community.

I think someone might of tried to hit up Blythes on our behalf last year with no luck. I will try drakes and see if he can spot us 20. I mean 20 bucks and some advertisement. This year though it will all be websites as some businesses aren't as well known. If we can get 9 more businesses to sign up we'll have our shirts and then some.

Indiana lineman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    south of the river
    Indiana Lineman, you need to let me know when your going to go buy stuff at Cabelas, I'm normally the guy walking around telling people about how something works and naturally selling their stuff.... I probably should get a side job there instead of just helping sell stuff for the heck of it...

Thanks for the offer. I don't make those sizeable purchases to often. As a matter of fact a guy walked up to me and steered me to the RCBS as opposed to the Lee. I must've looked lost the way I was flipping boxes around looking for what all was included in the package. With the rumors of them being bought out I figured I better use my Cabela's points sooner rather than wish I had.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Global warming in all the places that have it, but global cooling in all the other places.

No doubt some flooding near rivers and shorelines but none on the hilltops.
    With continued darkness at night, gradually giving way to light at dawn.
    And really crappy traffic from Hammond to Berwyn. Why does the .gov use dr's that absolutely inconvenient to get to?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I think someone might of tried to hit up Blythes on our behalf last year with no luck. I will try drakes and see if he can spot us 20. I mean 20 bucks and some advertisement. This year though it will all be websites as some businesses aren't as well known. If we can get 9 more businesses to sign up we'll have our shirts and then some.
    Drakes might be ok, I was going to include South County Guns as well, but you are getting pretty far away from the potential clients at that point. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I definitely need to upgrade to a progressive press some time this year. De-priming/re-sizing over 5k 9mm on a single stage isn't all that fun no matter how good the tunes are coming out of my Pandora. Now I'm back to a 1/2 full 5 gallon bucket waiting to be re-primed and expanded. At this point I'm behind on having all my brass I've picked up ready to reload.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I wish the railroad would get off their...butts. They'll wait until after the election to settle so that the unions can blame whatever president is in office on our crappy contract.

For us car knockers should be a decent 2 pay check back pay. I know for TWU the main concerns are health care and pay raise which the company would like to see increase and stay about the same respectively.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I wish the railroad would get off their...butts. They'll wait until after the election to settle so that the unions can blame whatever president is in office on our crappy contract.

We still have people complaining how the "union" caved in. Meaning, they're mad at the officers of the union.
    Even though it was voted on my the members.
    We have thousands of people on the street and some mills shut down. How do they think we have bargaining power?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom