• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I like the new benches at JP. I can't remember if they were there the last time I was out there. I took my black friday axis in 06 out there. I had put a 20 moa rail on there with a $50 firefield scope. The scope is a pos that will end up on a blasting gun, but it has more features than the scope that savage sent me for it. It had parallax issues at the desired yardage settings and it shifted poi on me. Now I'm wishing swfa didn't cancel my black friday order.

I had one 3 shot group under moa, but most were under 1.25-1.5. That was with herters 180 grain soft points (just making brass for reloads).

My shoulder would like to thank the lead sled.

I have rarely found a deal at BPS, maybe just a pair of wolverine fleece lined paints. Maybe all the nutsos pulling in and out of the walmart are scaring everyone off. Cabela's drive used to be so peaceful.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I like the new benches at JP. I can't remember if they were there the last time I was out there. I took my black friday axis in 06 out there. I had put a 20 moa rail on there with a $50 firefield scope. The scope is a pos that will end up on a blasting gun, but it has more features than the scope that savage sent me for it. It had parallax issues at the desired yardage settings and it shifted poi on me. Now I'm wishing swfa didn't cancel my black friday order.

I had one 3 shot group under moa, but most were under 1.25-1.5. That was with herters 180 grain soft points (just making brass for reloads).

I have rarely found a deal at BPS, maybe just a pair of wolverine fleece lined paints. Maybe all the nutsos pulling in and out of the walmart are scaring everyone off. Cabela's drive used to be so peaceful.
    Who doesn't love Wally World customers?

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Picked up a RCBS Chargemaster from an INGO member yesterday. Wow I love this thing. Weighing charges has always been the part I don't really enjoy about rifle reloading. Not anymore!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Wally World had a full parking lot. :lmfao:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Did anyone almost hit you pulling in/out? You can give people a turn lane, but you can't make them use it.

I wonder how many people were going to cabelas for something and decided to check walmart first, buying something there and going home.

I really hope it lasts.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Everyone must be outside enjoying the warmer weather.
    YUCK!!!! I blame GB on this heat wave! WTH is my snow! :xmad:

Talk that Bass Pro Shops will buy Cabela?s getting louder | | Dallas Morning News

So, which store do you think they would close: Hammond Cabela's or Chesterton Bass Pro?
    Hum... of the two I would pick Bass Pro as it's further away from Chicago. but that is just my guess.
    It's been over a year since I have gone to either of them. Even got rid of my Cabel'as CC as well.

Did anyone almost hit you pulling in/out? You can give people a turn lane, but you can't make them use it.

I wonder how many people were going to cabelas for something and decided to check walmart first, buying something there and going home.

I really hope it lasts.

You hope what last? Cabela's? Gutto-Mart? :dunno:
    Is the waterpark ever going to get built or is that project now dead?
    You do know that initally a water park and cabela's were going to be built where cabela's is at.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    YUCK!!!! I blame GB on this heat wave! WTH is my snow! :xmad:

Hum... of the two I would pick Bass Pro as it's further away from Chicago. but that is just my guess.
    It's been over a year since I have gone to either of them. Even got rid of my Cabel'as CC as well.

You hope what last? Cabela's? Gutto-Mart? :dunno:
    Is the waterpark ever going to get built or is that project now dead?
    You do know that initally a water park and cabela's were going to be built where cabela's is at.
    Remember, there are two Chicago area Cabela's: Hammond and Hoffman estates. Likewise for Bass Pro: Chesterton and Bolingbrook. I think that Cabelas carries more tactical goodies than Bass Pro, but Bass Pro has a wider selection of stuff overall. At least that's my impression from visiting the two local ones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom