• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    such a shame to see good bear meat go to waste but oh well as long as I survived the encounter and the popo doesn't want to screw me over it they can dine and I can go shooting once again...

I had a encounter with a black bear up in the UP once, the truck survived ok.... Another incident out in Wyoming and once again the vehicle I was in survived some what... They can do some harm real quick...

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    hawkeye seems to me that if I was FTF with a black bear all that legal jumbo you quoted would be in my favor when the bear steaks hit the grill... Just saying...

Youre the one who said bears aren't in a protected status. I simply pointed out the fact that, apparently they are protected. I'm not using, or misusing, legal mambo jumbo. If you have a FTF encounter with a bear in Indiana, an event that currently seems very remote, you should do as you deem fit. My favorite quote is "a mans got to what he's got to do". If you feel threatened act appropriately. But I'd drop the macho jumbo jumbo. It could be used against you.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Was going to start a deck soon. Went to lowes after using their online deck designer only to find out that their designer is a piece of junk when it comes to the parts list and the plans. Basically only gives you pretty pictures and half ass plans and parts list. The guy behind the counter was a bit of help, but not overly helpful, and they will only design/consult if you have them install, which for what I want to do would be $6k in labor. Also found out [was told] that the Crown Point building inspector is pretty picky about how its done, and requires a lot of over engineering to sign off.

You need a permit to build a deck in CP? LOL Oops.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I didn't think I was being macho... The last bear I had a run in with I ran from.... He thought that was great, or amusing... He did let me know he didn't like me hiding in that truck though...

Point taken on the bear being protected... I didn't know that little piece of information....

Although it's kinda like Homing Pigeons are federally protected but the .gov then released hawks in to the area and protected them too.... They eat the Homing Pigeons... WT heck is going on there....

Anyways.... I'm not macho when it comes to a large bear... Last time we camped out near Yellowstone in Wyoming we put the gear in the tent, the food stuff in a bear proof container away from the tent and the car and you know where we slept.... in the car.....

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Go Hawks!

Inspectors will tell you what they are looking for if you ask them. I too was thinking that it was a sales pitch. Extreme diy has a deck article this month. We are designing one now.

Oh, and they use satellite images to see who built what w/out a permit.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    This is what every Stanley Cup Final game is supposed to feel like: play like your hair-on-fire hockey!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom