Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Back from kokomo. If you want your shirt before Saturday and your a volunteer shoot me a text at 2194765582 so we can arrange pick up or drop off.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    weekend 3 in a row I have hurt my back. Usually it is upper but this time there was sort of a pop and instant pain on the far lower left side as I was lifting up to a high shelf. on the couch in pain feeling dumb.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Was going to start a deck soon. Went to lowes after using their online deck designer only to find out that their designer is a piece of junk when it comes to the parts list and the plans. Basically only gives you pretty pictures and half ass plans and parts list. The guy behind the counter was a bit of help, but not overly helpful, and they will only design/consult if you have them install, which for what I want to do would be $6k in labor. Also found out [was told] that the Crown Point building inspector is pretty picky about how its done, and requires a lot of over engineering to sign off.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well since there isn't a season and the bears aren't in protected status in Indiana it doesn't take away the self protection of such animals if you are threatened...

Luckily I have my DW 357 max for such cases.... Just didn't think I would ever need it close at hand in Indiana.... LOL.... I normally take her with me out west though...

I don't want to tangle with a bear but I have seen some do soe pretty amazing things to stuff out west and find the thought of being dinner way too unsettling... This sighting is probably one animal though and more than likely will be of no problem... Just interesting...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Well since there isn't a season and the bears aren't in protected status in Indiana it doesn't take away the self protection of such animals if you are threatened...

Luckily I have my DW 357 max for such cases.... Just didn't think I would ever need it close at hand in Indiana.... LOL.... I normally take her with me out west though...

I don't want to tangle with a bear but I have seen some do soe pretty amazing things to stuff out west and find the thought of being dinner way too unsettling... This sighting is probably one animal though and more than likely will be of no problem... Just interesting...

Does it taste like chicken?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

From the linked , above, article:

Black bears are now listed as an exotic mammal and protected under Indiana Administrative Code 312 9-3-18.5 (b-1), which prohibits the killing of a black bear except by a resident landowner or tenant while the animal is “destroying or causing substantial damage to property owned or leased by the landowner or tenant.”

Just offered FYI.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Was going to start a deck soon. Went to lowes after using their online deck designer only to find out that their designer is a piece of junk when it comes to the parts list and the plans. Basically only gives you pretty pictures and half ass plans and parts list. The guy behind the counter was a bit of help, but not overly helpful, and they will only design/consult if you have them install, which for what I want to do would be $6k in labor. Also found out [was told] that the Crown Point building inspector is pretty picky about how its done, and requires a lot of over engineering to sign off.
    You should contact the CP building inspector's office and find out what they require. The scare tactic could have been a selling point to get you to have them install it.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    You should contact the CP building inspector's office and find out what they require. The scare tactic could have been a selling point to get you to have them install it.
    That's the next plan. We called the other day about needing a permit and the inspector was out front within the hour though. Guessing it's not rumors. We'll see after I get back from Missouri next week.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    hawkeye seems to me that if I was FTF with a black bear all that legal jumbo you quoted would be in my favor when the bear steaks hit the grill... Just saying...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom