• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Got home from the range, shoveled a bunch of leaves the snow plow pushed over to my side that the crummy neighbors didn't rake, drank 6 beers in my garage till power went out at 2pm, and after power came back at 3pm took a long hot shower. I did manage to scare the neighbor kids when I did a 30rd mag dump out of my M4 in the backyard put a smile on my face.

Never pass up a chance to scare the neighbor kids. Keep'em on their toes. Shouldn't they be working anyway? :fogey:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :rofl:
    1st snow and NWI loses power, wal-mart semi on it's side at Calumet exit ramp from 80/94, 2 car accident along ridge road in munster. :facepalm:
    & it was only a little bit of snow. :crying:
    Come on where is my feets and feets of snow! :xmad:

Griffith lost power for a while as well from what I was told.
    Highland OK.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BTW does anyone have a magazine subscription fundraiser going on?
    ds's school was doing one at the start but not anymore.
    Need to get dd a subscription to "M Magazine" and if I can help someone else who's kid is selling magazine out I will.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The power losses are because of dead branches.
    After most of the dead branches break themselves, power will be more reliable through the winter.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    :rofl:
    1st snow and NWI loses power, wal-mart semi on it's side at Calumet exit ramp from 80/94, 2 car accident along ridge road in munster. :facepalm:
    & it was only a little bit of snow. :crying:
    Come on where is my feets and feets of snow! :xmad:

Griffith lost power for a while as well from what I was told.
    Highland OK.

Doesn't matter if it's the first or last snow of the season ... when it comes down very wet and heavy, gets packed down tight by traffic, and then followed by a temp drop to ten degrees, you're going to get slick conditions. Four wheel / all wheel drive doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing and drive like an idiot. Watched a 4x (with a plow) zoom past me this morning on 394 and promptly shoot right off the road and down a bridge embankment.

That wet and heavy snow also plays havoc on all the trees that were still hanging on to their leaves ... or needles. Like Actaeon said, this should be pretty good to purge all the dead or weak trees.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    So I was lucky enough to win this matched Billet upper and lower and bought a matching handguard to go with it from F1 Firearms. But my Knife addiction / Knife making habbit it making me want to sell it. Best suited for a 3gun build, but the company has done some crazy reliability tests with water, mud, gravel and what not with zero failures... The value to buy the upper, lower, and handguard from them is $750. If any one would be interested in this let me know through pm, will definitely save you some $$$.

Here are some pics of what they look like. Mine is in black.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well the heavy wet snow brought the branches on one of my tree's down where I could actually reach them so got them cut off before they took out my deck or the car... and yes my everything hurts...

Watching the weather reports to see if I'm going to make it to a firing range tomorrow or not... Probably not....

This summer will be the trailer project and one more winter till I'm looking around Arizona for a nice desert to live/shoot in....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You can shoot on BLM property as long as there isn't a fire hazard in effect, otherwise they do have NRA's Ben Avery range along with a dozen others and I think the really nice indoor one near Phoenix is Shooters World. They also have open carry and CCW now. Plus the year around warmth and natural beauty...

They also have everything from desert, ski mountains, pine forest, to red rock and even one of the biggest rivers with some great fishing in the west along the western boarder with Cali...

Another little gem is the local Chief of Police has to sign off on your Class 3 forms within 30 days of submitting them to their office if they can't find a legal reason not too. No choice in the matter according to State Law.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom