• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    My wife has them all beat on picking up brass...

I can't even keep up with her brass supply with two Dillon Square D's at 500 rounds a hour...

Just saying....

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Another little gem is the local Chief of Police has to sign off on your Class 3 forms within 30 days of submitting them to their office if they can't find a legal reason not too. No choice in the matter according to State Law.

That would be nice. They can fix that down state for us.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    My wife has them all beat on picking up brass...

I can't even keep up with her brass supply with two Dillon Square D's at 500 rounds a hour...

Just saying....

Years back I used to shoot with a group of people. I was that brass guy. Now it's just me. Thanks to all those years of picking up everything that shined, I have more than enough to keep me in business.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soooooo just putting this out here....

I was at Cabelas about 6PM tonight and they had a end cap full plus another one of those multi-level ammo carts full of CCI Minimag 300 round boxes of 22LR for 27.99 each....

Just saying...

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    It is similar, actually its the same except the Slim only has 2 rows of webbing. I've used the Sure-grip, now interested in checking out the Slim-grip. Thanks though.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    WELL. I have had several people PM me asking how I am doing. WELL, for the first two weeks I was in a cast and unable to put ANY weight on the foot/leg. THAT was the most humbling experience, having to ask others to bring me everything I wanted/needed. I saw the Doctor last thursday and he removed the stitches from both my knee, AND my foot and put me in a removable boot. Was told to put as much weight as I can stand on it. I gotta tell ya. I am ALMOST painfree now. I am going about 24ish hours between pain pills (unless I overdo it) and am able to walk pretty much anywhere I am want. The boot is a bit cumbersome, but I can deal with that. Since it's my right (driving) foot I am still not able to drive anywhere, but that is a minor inconvenience compared to having to hop everywhere. Also now I am able to take the boot off and shower without worrying about getting the leg/cast wet, which is nice also.
    I go see the surgeon on the 7th of December and at that time I am hoping he allows me to go without the boot. I also suspect that he will start me on therapy as well. I am going to de everything I can to rehab this foot to get back to work, as well as being able to get back to shooting IDPA which I haven't been able to for quite a while. I wanna thank everyone that has asked how I was doing. It really makes me thankful to be a part of such a great group of people. LadyGhost is doing good as well. She is healing (not as fast as she would like, but healing) The surgeon is very happy with the progress she has made as well. We are looking forward to celebrating he coming holidays with family and friends, as well as BOTH of us being healthier than we have been in a while. I never realized just how much pain I was actually in til now. I mean the pain in my foot from the bone spur as well as the inflamation and torn tendon was constant, so I kinda sorta got used to it. Now that it's gone I see nothing but good things ahead for us.

I'm hoping to make the trek out to the super secret clubhouse here real soon. It's been FAR too long since we have been there. I guess I'll have to put up with Melensdad as well....LOL OK, that concludes this chapter of the the ongoing saga of GHOST & LADYGHOST LOL

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Posted this on FB earlier, so a couple of you might have seen it. Just another great day in the life of a VW owner... I don't regret my purchase yet, but if I get much more of this I might. Too bad I have no resale value in the car right now.

Yesterday Jackie said the passenger side heat in my car wasn't very hot. So I take to the interwebs to find out what's going on. Looks like the '13-14 Passats have an issue with the heater core clogging around 40-50k miles.
    Took my car in today and the service guy said there was no way that it could happen with only 44k mile and 1.5 years old, and he's never seen it. Well 4.5h later he calls me back and says I'm right.
    The repair bulletin put out by VW (yes a known issue) says replace the core with a new item #561-819-031-B (old core was "A"), and flush the system. But never issued a recall. My car (and most with this issue) are out of the 36k warranty period but VW has been known to foot the bill. They said they would replace my heater core and pay for it but not for the flush (or the diagnosis fee), which the bulletin says without a flush the problem will be reoccurring. How are you not going to pay for a main part of the repair?!?!
    A bit long winded but needed to vent. I have a case being escalated right now and should hear back by end of tomorrow.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Posted this on FB earlier, so a couple of you might have seen it. Just another great day in the life of a VW owner... I don't regret my purchase yet, but if I get much more of this I might. Too bad I have no resale value in the car right now.

Yesterday Jackie said the passenger side heat in my car wasn't very hot. So I take to the interwebs to find out what's going on. Looks like the '13-14 Passats have an issue with the heater core clogging around 40-50k miles.
    Took my car in today and the service guy said there was no way that it could happen with only 44k mile and 1.5 years old, and he's never seen it. Well 4.5h later he calls me back and says I'm right.
    The repair bulletin put out by VW (yes a known issue) says replace the core with a new item #561-819-031-B (old core was "A"), and flush the system. But never issued a recall. My car (and most with this issue) are out of the 36k warranty period but VW has been known to foot the bill. They said they would replace my heater core and pay for it but not for the flush (or the diagnosis fee), which the bulletin says without a flush the problem will be reoccurring. How are you not going to pay for a main part of the repair?!?!
    A bit long winded but needed to vent. I have a case being escalated right now and should hear back by end of tomorrow.

Escalated?

Everyone's got to vent. This is a good place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom