• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BDS JIN

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Griffith
    Does anyone knows a tailor that could help to do some modification of my plate carrier? I already have all the material which need to do the work, just need a tailor to do some stitch work. Already contact some tailors near my home, but no one could do it. any suggestion? better in NWI area.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Thanks Chef, already contacted them, still a no.

That sucks. I'm sorry as I said I am not sure what a plate is but is it something a dry cleaner can send out to have done? I use a place in Chesterton and I have taken them items that need repair and they send them out to some lady to get fixed.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    LOL... I was wondering what the heck he was talking about.. lol I image you could take that to Jo Ann Fabrics and some little old lady would be able to stitch that up for you.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    You're probably going to need someone with a commercial sewing machine. My guess is because of the rip stop nylon and cordura are very thick and need a heavy duty needle to sew. You can check Sewing by Judy in Hobart, but I'm not sure if she'd be able to help.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    What would be a good selling price for 8mm Mauser brass? I traded a bunch of stuff we got from a storage unit auction yrs ago for brass and some other leather holster products and would like to sell once tumbled for extra cash. I also have some 25 acp mixed in if that has any value.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    You're probably going to need someone with a commercial sewing machine. My guess is because of the rip stop nylon and cordura are very thick and need a heavy duty needle to sew. You can check Sewing by Judy in Hobart, but I'm not sure if she'd be able to help.

Perhaps a place that does canvas awnings and maybe truck tarps? They sew very heavy material.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I kinda think it is time for a robot with a snow blower to be built and marketed.... So much easier for the robot to just sit there and have a sensor tell it to start shoveling.... All done when you get up in the morning... They have these things already to mow your lawn and to sweep the room... Shouldn't be all that hard to figure out...

BDS JIN, you might also think about a shoe repair place as they would have sewing machines that can handle heavy leather.... Just a thought...

So I have started the reloading season with all this wind and rain and cold and talk of inches of snow this weekend.... ugh.....

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Well I kinda think it is time for a robot with a snow blower to be built and marketed.... So much easier for the robot to just sit there and have a sensor tell it to start shoveling.... All done when you get up in the morning... They have these things already to mow your lawn and to sweep the room... Shouldn't be all that hard to figure out...

BDS JIN, you might also think about a shoe repair place as they would have sewing machines that can handle heavy leather.... Just a thought...

So I have started the reloading season with all this wind and rain and cold and talk of inches of snow this weekend.... ugh.....

Not autonomous, but a step in the right direction.

[video=youtube;tPg1ZMiC9pA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPg1ZMiC9pA[/video]

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Not autonomous, but a step in the right direction.

[video=youtube;tPg1ZMiC9pA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPg1ZMiC9pA[/video]

This doesn't solve the feets and feets of snow. What? Push snow against the base of a pile? Need a new design. This design would be practical in KY.

BDS JIN

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Griffith

Thanks aclark! find a way to made it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom