• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Who needs a reloading desk / work bench? I have an old desk - very heavy duty that needs a new home. Could make a great reloading station or garage work station. I rebuilt a 66 Honda motorcycle on it a few years ago.
    It's big, heavy, and awesome. I just don't have room for it anymore. Free. You pick up. PM me. Located in CP by hospital.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Who needs a reloading desk / work bench? I have an old desk - very heavy duty that needs a new home. Could make a great reloading station or garage work station. I rebuilt a 66 Honda motorcycle on it a few years ago.
    It's big, heavy, and awesome. I just don't have room for it anymore. Free. You pick up. PM me. Located in CP by hospital.

1775usmarine might be interested. He was looking for something like this earlier this summer.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi... Let me know if your thinking on hitting a Prairie Dog field. It is a lot of fun and will make you learn your gun. I use to have a group of guys that would go out there each year. It was much easier as the gas and motel cost was shared over 8 guys and it made the trip much cheaper to take on... Plus the trip was funner with a group of shooters... When we made it into the Reservation for the night it was kinda cool sitting around the bar reliving the fun of the day and taking in the environment. You know there was areas out there you couldn't get any other radio stations but the Indian's stations and they were big on tom tom's and chanting...

Soooo got on the range yesterday... Got older doing something I liked....

1775, You may be having all those issues because you have those Lee Reloading tools in your room... Just saying...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Jedi... Let me know if your thinking on hitting a Prairie Dog field. It is a lot of fun and will make you learn your gun. I use to have a group of guys that would go out there each year. It was much easier as the gas and motel cost was shared over 8 guys and it made the trip much cheaper to take on... Plus the trip was funner with a group of shooters... When we made it into the Reservation for the night it was kinda cool sitting around the bar reliving the fun of the day and taking in the environment. You know there was areas out there you couldn't get any other radio stations but the Indian's stations and they were big on tom tom's and chanting...

Soooo got on the range yesterday... Got older doing something I liked....

1775, You may be having all those issues because you have those Lee Reloading tools in your room... Just saying...

Gb we were just talking about you this morning at work. I have a RCBS press, Hornady hand primer, a 70's Ohaus powder thrower, and an RCBS scale but use lee dies. I think I was more tired but needed to get things rolling when I should of rested.

Bigretic I found an old record player table/record holder to use for my shotshell reloading, but wouldn't mind seeing pics. I may be interested if it fits in the spot I have my crap now. Speaking of old stuff my wife found me this chair over at coachmen antiques in Laporte where she has a booth. It was only 25 bucks but it sure is comfortable and appears to be worth so much more in the right market.Remington Rand "Cushioner" Office Chair C1935 | Rejuvenation

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    1775, See it was the dies that messed up your day...

by the way tell my bro to call me back sometime... I think he forgot my number...

You know I'm just screwing with you on the Lee stuff... I have found some Lee dies that are correct dimensions after a couple try's... Blue all the way..... OK yes RCBS, Redding, and Hornady make some quality gear too...

That reminds me I got to sit down for a hour or so and crank out another 500 rounds of 38 special since I went through a bunch yesterday at JP...

enjoy...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    1775, See it was the dies that messed up your day...

by the way tell my bro to call me back sometime... I think he forgot my number...

You know I'm just screwing with you on the Lee stuff... I have found some Lee dies that are correct dimensions after a couple try's... Blue all the way..... OK yes RCBS, Redding, and Hornady make some quality gear too...

That reminds me I got to sit down for a hour or so and crank out another 500 rounds of 38 special since I went through a bunch yesterday at JP...

enjoy...
    He was saying something about having 300 Cabelas points and something about a 40 cal S&W they have for 300. I will tell him if I see him tomorrow. Yeah I know you messing around. I've had some great luck on my reloads minus the 45's.

I tried two out a few days ago one weighed 316 grs and the other 320 grs. Both fired fine no squibs. I then took a factory 45 weighed it and weighed all my 45 rounds. I pulled out 55ish that fell below my cut off of 321grs as I was getting 322-323 on the 10 factory I weighed. Should/is there a variance between different makes of brass? I haven't weighed my brass yet to see for myself figure your one of the resident reloaders here you may be able to answer.

glocktoys

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north by notre dame
    dang i need to start reloading today too, .45 acp and then .40 s&w (i need to get back into a 10mm i miss that caliber) on the progressive then over to the single stage to reload some .308 sub sonics for the can. got a few days off so need to play at the range a bit :)

"Should/is there a variance between different makes of brass? I haven't weighed my brass yet to see for myself figure your one of the resident reloaders here you may be able to answer. "

yes, i can grab 5 pieces of mixed brass and none of them weigh the same, heck i found if once fired most of the same maker does not weigh the same. maybe it is just the brass i shoot...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom