• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, You can hunt them anytime of the year but it is best to do it in the summer months. It is much easier to get out into the fields. Use a 4 wheel drive and bring your GPS and all essential items to stay alive while out there as you might not see anyone else for a long time while in the field.

You will need a State varmint license and it si a good idea to get a reservation license too as you never know when you will be on Indian property or US...

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Got my new aquarium light today. The pic doesn't do it justice, but in Larry fashion I was too lazy to get up, so you get an iPad shot. Light is a Finnex Stingray 48".
    View attachment 41465

That's a nice fixture, and a lot of light. I know you were not planning on doing a planted tank, but you may end up needing plants just to out compete the algae. Anubius and things like Java Fern are no work at all, and they do take up some nutrients. :twocents:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    That's a nice fixture, and a lot of light. I know you were not planning on doing a planted tank, but you may end up needing plants just to out compete the algae. Anubius and things like Java Fern are no work at all, and they do take up some nutrients. :twocents:
    I have changed my mind and I am going planted. That's why I got the light. Only complaint is that it's pretty blue. Hopefully it will look more natural once it's planted. I also registered my first nitrites yesterday so I'm on my way to a complete cycle.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    FWIW stay away from ALL levin tire stores and you'll lead a happier life!! horrible horrible ripoff disguised behind " friendly customer service"
    ask me how i know..................................

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    For the past 2 days of processing my 38 brass for when I buy more bullets I've been having some bad luck. Yesterday I pinched my finger while using the expanding die while making sure the 38 casing was seated in the holder as I raised the ram. Today my reloading chair broke and dam near cracked my head on the ammo cans full of brass due to my garage having limited space, and again pinched my pinky while depriming a casing after the primer went in sideways. Not too mention while hand priming had a few times where some primers went everywhere and had to go searching.

I did manage to get an even 900 38's ready for bullets, all my range pick up for the year has been tumbled and sorted in its respective places, have more 45 brass than I thought I had, and have a decent stock of brass I have no guns for. The wife is buying me more 5 gal buckets as I have one a little over 1/2 full of 9mm cleaned( which I'm dreading to work on over the winter), she is going to look for a new reloading chair for me when she goes to shipshewanna for the auction next month( I have a stool I made 14 or 15 yrs ago when I was in 7th or 8th grade that's not perfect but still going strong). I also found 2 die sets one for 38 and 45 I don't need and will probably put up here for trades on 223/556 and 380 dies, and I made it to 80 bucks through the virgin health miles program at work for some bullets.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, You can hunt them anytime of the year but it is best to do it in the summer months. It is much easier to get out into the fields. Use a 4 wheel drive and bring your GPS and all essential items to stay alive while out there as you might not see anyone else for a long time while in the field.

You will need a State varmint license and it si a good idea to get a reservation license too as you never know when you will be on Indian property or US...

Hum.. perhaps for my first trip I should go with one of those "vacation packages" then :)
    Hopefully next month I finally have more time to start planning it. I would like to do it next year or even this year but it sounds like next summer may be better. Granted I suspect very soon I'll have lots of free time. :rofl:

FWIW stay away from ALL levin tire stores and you'll lead a happier life!! horrible horrible ripoff disguised behind " friendly customer service"
    ask me how i know..................................

do tell....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Man.
    We're seeing Jedi more in the last two days, than in the last two months.

Quite you old man or I'll really have to bring Evil Jedi back to whip you suckers into shape.
    I have seen from afar just how bad you boys and "lovely" girls have gotten.
    Letting that snob post and the edit his posts.
    Your lack of PINK hello kitty post.
    All these Meet & Eats and very little shooting.
    No GB models on the range this year.
    PinkDragon's lack of new revolvers.
    and on and on...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Quite you old man or I'll really have to bring Evil Jedi back to whip you suckers into shape.
    and on and on...

Ahem... you missed this? (I swear to God I almost got pink pearl grips...)

60p1_zpsnlxv2irm.jpg

60p2_zpslo1mtxot.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    and on and on...

Quiet.
    Not Quite.

:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom