Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Do you have a back up?
    Does the back up have audible/visual indication when it runs, so you know the main has failed.

No matter how good the pump, it will eventually fail.

Which is why I HATE having a grinder pump for the sewage.
    There is an alarm. Three floats, last one is the alarm. It was sticking the last couple of days. Now it is just dead.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you need to replace parts, plan on pumping your septic field up north of 30 into thug land, anywhere in the vicinity of Jedi's house would be good. It will make the raccoons we send up north feel like they are back home.
    We don't have a field. We have the Lake Eliza Conservatory, or as I like to call them, the :poop: ponds.

1678073390493.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There is an alarm. Three floats, last one is the alarm. It was sticking the last couple of days. Now it is just dead.
    My mistake.
    You said 'septic', I read 'sump'.

Yup, I don't have a backup either, don't think you can with this system.
    I had a neighbor that needed to replace a set of contacts, and another changed the whole pump.
    I also had to get my pump changed
    :xmad:

I get to pay sewer fees like people on the regular system, but if a city pump goes out, there's backups, and the city fixes them.
    But us on the 'grinder' pumps, nope, we get to pay for that ourselves.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also, my audible/visual alarm SUCKS.

It's on the other side of the wall of the bathroom, but when the alarm was going off, I barely heard it and wondered what the alarm was.
    I think about putting in another audio/visual... but then I forget it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Also, my audible/visual alarm SUCKS.

It's on the other side of the wall of the bathroom, but when the alarm was going off, I barely heard it and wondered what the alarm was.
    I think about putting in another audio/visual... but then I forget it.
    Ours is right outside the master bedroom/bathroom, so we can hear it. Damned thing is loud enough our neighbors can hear it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My mistake.
    You said 'septic', I read 'sump'.

Yup, I don't have a backup either, don't think you can with this system.
    I had a neighbor that needed to replace a set of contacts, and another changed the whole pump.
    I also had to get my pump changed
    :xmad:

I get to pay sewer fees like people on the regular system, but if a city pump goes out, there's backups, and the city fixes them.
    But us on the 'grinder' pumps, nope, we get to pay for that ourselves.
    We pay a monthly Conservatory fee.

The pumps last. We replaced ours once because we though it was bad. It started working again just before we swapped it. I think maybe there was just something stuck in it. We went ahead and replaced it anyway.

The switch was replaced 3 1/2 years ago. That is a bigger pain that the pump. Not a lot of people know what they are doing with those things.

I had sump issues too this weekend, but they were just with the pipe for the discharge. Had one piece break, then a joint came apart at another point. Thankfully I heard the pump running constantly both times.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Update: It was the store part. Glad no one was there. Nice usage of cinder blocks. Lol
    View attachment 260309View attachment 260310
    Cinder blocks *is* the prefer method to properly weight down the satellite dish stand.

This avoids having to penetrate the flat roof to anchor the stand. Thus avoids being blamed for any water intrusion that may occur later on which could result in a roof failure.

Besides most satellite installers are not skilled roofers nor have the tools/material/skills to properly penetrate and reseal (aka flashing) the roof. Your basic roofer (the labor you see ripping off the shining and putting the new ones) is not the skilled roofer that knows how to properly flash roof penetrations.

Typically on a roofing crew you have 1 to 2 skilled roofers who know how to do the flashing while the rest just do the roof.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, were you able to get those computers reimaged?
    :woot:

Yes for the one that jedi was having issues with. Took forever to reimage it. Today jedi will test to see if the Lenovo reset button will work and re-image it like the other one as opposed to having to use the USB boot image.

But from what jedi can tell that bitlocker junk is gone!

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    The story on the FBI raid last week was that the dude who lives there had his computer hacked into. Probably @jedi trying to get rid of Bitlocker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom