• Status
    Not open for further replies.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Hey Geronimo, myself and Kaila, pictured below will be putting together her lower and maybe my sbr lower if I can get Nikita @ Noveske to find me another "chainsaw" Gen II lower.
    kaileguns.jpg

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Parts list

I was asked about a parts list here we go:

For the lower half you will need:
    One lower receiver
    One lower parts kit
    Lower parts kit should include:

Bolt Catch, Bolt Catch Plunger, Bolt Catch Roll Pin, Bolt Catch Spring, Buffer Retainer, Buffer Retainer Spring, Disconnector, Disconnector Spring, Hammer, Hammer Pin, Hammer Spring, Magazine Catch, Magazine Catch Button, Magazine Catch Spring, Pistol Grip, Pistol Grip Lock Washer, Pistol Grip Screw, Pivot Pin, Pivot Pin Detent, Pivot Pin Detent Spring, Selector, Selector Detent, Selector Detent Spring, Takedown Pin, Takedown Pin Detent, Takedown Pin Detent Spring, Trigger, Trigger Guard, Trigger Guard Roll Pin, Trigger Pin, Trigger Spring

Stock kit
    Stock kit should include:
    Buffer, buffer spring, buffer tube, (end plate, castle nut, and collapsible stock)
    Or (stock screw, lower sling swivel, sling swivel screw, and fixed stock)

Upper half includes:

One upper receiver ( uppers will usually have forward assist, and dust cover installed, if you buy a stripped upper you will need to buy those parts)

One bolt (complete bolt will have the extractor, ejector and gas rings)
    One bolt carrier
    One cam pin
    One firing pin
    One firing pin retaining pin
    One charging handle
    One carry handle, or rear sight
    One barrel
    One barrel nut
    Depending on what hand guard you chose, One delta ring w/ spring or free float hand guard nut (usually supplied with the kit you buy)
    One set of hand guards, or free float tube.
    One gas tube
    One gas block
    One flash hider/muzzle break.

That should get you a rifle, unless I'm totally forgetting something.

Last edited:

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    We can do "cheap/cheaper" parts kits, but this one is tricked out. Figured it would be a very cheap way to get into a nice AR, high quality parts, chrome lined, mid-lenght, good 2 stage trigger, nice grip, and quad rail for barely over $800 after sales tax and everything!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

For you partsless guys:

INGO special: AR15 complete kits minus lower - INGunOwners

Not the cheapest kit I've seen, but it looks like good quality, and most of all it's a site advertiser. I figure it's at least worth a look. Kits have everything but the lower receiver.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Yeah, I just realized how that sounded.

This is a good kit, with quality parts, and a good deal.

I knew what you meant, I was just posting that we can do a cheaper one, and may down the road for another INGO special, just at the deal we could move these for, why not go tricked out from the start!!!!!!!
    We should do a 1911 build day.....I've always wanted to build my own and never have taken the plunge from start to finish.

Hope the classes go well, looks like fun

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Got my buffer kit in today from PSA. Probably pick up a new grip tomorrow at the gun show, maybe another collapsible stock as well. May even start the process of assembling an upper.

Jetman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Cicero
    upper build

I had seen that this was originally going to be a class on building a complete rifle. Has that changed? I just ordered all the parts required to build the upper and expect to bring them to class to learn how to assemble it as well. I used the parts list suppled on an earlier post to oreder the parts. , SS 16" fluted bull barrel, upper, bolt, charging handle, gas block and tube, pins, etc.......

Jetman

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom