• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    "It is illegal to convert a semi-automatic to fully automatic," NRA Executive Director Chris Cox*said this month. "The ATF needs to do their job, review these and if there is [a need for] further regulation, then we will work on further regulation."

Chris Cox, or anyone else at the director level in the NRA, can't be this stupid, can they??

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "It is illegal to convert a semi-automatic to fully automatic," NRA Executive Director Chris Cox*said this month. "The ATF needs to do their job, review these and if there is [a need for] further regulation, then we will work on further regulation."

Chris Cox, or anyone else at the director level in the NRA, can't be this stupid, can they??

I'm not going to defend the NRA. When they first made the statement, I thought it could mean one of two things, that they either literally do think that bumpfire stocks should be regulated, or, more likely, that they were being sort of coy, knowing that the BATFEIEIO declined to ban them before because they can't fit the definition of automatic fire laid out in the law.

The implication, if the meaning was the former is that the NRA are traitorous **********s and they only deserve Fudds' donations.

The implication of the second is that they're short sided and foolish. So they come out sounding like they support regulating these devices, the press reports it as if, FINALLY, the evil gun manufacturer's gun lobby is on board with some gun regulation! Whoo whoo! Long live utopia! This much was predictable.

So WTF did the NRA think was going to happen when the BATFEDCBA declines to regulate them, again, explaining why they can't regulate them? Well, it seems also predictable that the NRA would appear to be changing it's support for regulation after the BATFELGBTQ declines to regulate it. It's not like people wouldn't figure it out that, hey, wait a minute. The NRA musta known that the BATFE could not regulate them, and only did this to pretend that they were on board with it.

Why? Seems like if this was a strategy to favor gun owners, it was a poorly thought out one. So. Are they that stupid? Of course, Yankee Marshall could be right, that the NRA was just protecting gun manufacturers, and really does support banning a novelty to keep the heat off manufacturers. It's possible. I'm really not convinced whether it's that or they're just that stupid.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    After watching this video I have lost a little respect for him, such vulgarity

Well. I don't remember many of his videos where he doesn't drop a few F-bombs. Usually it's not in a enraged rant like this. If what is says is the NRA's motivation is true, I can understanding being mad at the NRA.

The gun community and the NRA have gone out of its way to say they take in more money from membership than from the "gun lobby". If the NRA is throwing bump fire under the bus to protect the manufacturers, that kinda nulls out the point about membership being its primary income. And it should rightly **** off the gun community.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think I disagree with Yankee Marshall in his "I ain't causing division" video. He's right in that the "gun community" is diverse even on issues of the 2A. But I think it's divisive when you call out people in such a way as he did.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It used to happen to me all the time when I posted from my phone. I don't think it has ever happened on my computer.

Top Bottom