• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No matter the system there'll always be the market people want.

No, I mean it's not based on anything of intrinsic value. If you don't have a computer or internet access, can you buy a bag of flour or a gallon of fuel to heat and feed your family...if that time ever comes.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    FUD as an acronym is an old term. It came along way before bitcoin. But $5K. Dayam.

It may be earlier than this, but I believe the term was first originated by IBM in the late 50's or early 60's as a selling tool (objective) used by IBM marketing to dissuade customers from buying from the BUNCH group.

That goes back aways....but you have to recognize that I wrote my first computer program using 80-column punch cards. :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It may be earlier than this, but I believe the term was first originated by IBM in the late 50's or early 60's as a selling tool (objective) used by IBM marketing to dissuade customers from buying from the BUNCH group.

That goes back aways....but you have to recognize that I wrote my first computer program using 80-column punch cards. :)

Yep. I think you're right. I didn't think it was IBM but maybe it was.

I think as a strategy the concept has been around for thousands of years. But as an acronym, just several decades.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I called our Senators' offices today about HR 3999, to see what side of the fence they were on. The secretary at Donnelly told me he was in favor of it ( I will be writing him a letter), Young's secretary did not know his stance and said he would get back to me. My Representative Visclosky has not released any statements regarding it, he will be sending me a letter on his view. If he is in favor of it I will be writing him a letter as well

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I called our Senators' offices today about HR 3999, to see what side of the fence they were on. The secretary at Donnelly told me he was in favor of it ( I will be writing him a letter), Young's secretary did not know his stance and said he would get back to me. My Representative Visclosky has not released any statements regarding it, he will be sending me a letter on his view. If he is in favor of it I will be writing him a letter as well

Someone on FB just showed the letter they got from Visclosky.
    It was pretty much the same as when I wrote him before the Clinton AWB.
    He supports "common sense" and "reasonable" restrictions, we "need" to protect people, and he's doing his best to "protect" the second amendment by restricting it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, I mean it's not based on anything of intrinsic value. If you don't have a computer or internet access, can you buy a bag of flour or a gallon of fuel to heat and feed your family...if that time ever comes.

The odds of majority of the world not having computer/internet access is pretty remote, and if that ever does come to pass, I assure you, your fiat money will be equally worthless. Further, the vast majority of fiat money is imaginary. And even if it wasn't completely worthless, If the internet shut down today, how would you buy goods and services? Short of being one of those few people that hoard paper money, you'd be SOL.... because obviously nobody holds significant amounts of cash to last more than a few days, let alone weeks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If one compares Bitcoins to Tulips, knowing that bitcoin is the most valuable of all the cryptos, then it should reach a price around $1.6M. If it get half that, or even a quarter, I'm buying INGO... and a Lambo... an and endless supply of Zima.... and enough guns, hookers, and blow to make Tony Montana blush. I'll be dead in a year, but I'll will INGO to Trigger Time.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Visclosky has yet to see an anti-gun law he wasn't in favor of. You can write him if you like, but it will do nothing to sway him.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ok, I don't own one and am not looking to buy, but I know if I look now the "panic" price has already set in.

Before this tragedy what was the average price of a bump stock? Or at least the normal range?

Thanks,

Doug

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ok, I don't own one and am not looking to buy, but I know if I look now the "panic" price has already set in.

Before this tragedy what was the average price of a bump stock? Or at least the normal range?

Thanks,

Doug

Depends on the brand but anywhere between $100 and $250. I had one i acquired in a trade. Didn't even try it out and traded to a fellow Ingoer roughly a year ago for 9mm ammo, roughly $60 worth. Had gotten an email 2 days ago from a company selling them for $255 shipped and had them in stock. The gougers are definitely out. Armslist and here for $500 and up.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    When they 1st came out (Slidefire) they were MSRP ~$299. I got one fairly early on for low 2 range. I did a little sanding here, little Dremel there and got it running really well. I used it at two buddy shooting parties and loaned it out for a 3rd. It's sat in the closet for most of it's ~7 year life. I'm very tempted to list it for sale because I don't have anywhere to shoot it.

One of my buddies putting it to use: [video=youtube;JVdHpmu3sv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVdHpmu3sv8[/video]

The most fun we ever had with it was when using tracer rounds and steering rounds onto an old car about 200 yards away.

[edit - geez, I should list it on Gunbroker: http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=slidefire&Sort=13 ]

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Top Bottom