• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I hope this guy beats Lien Paul Ryan in 2018!!!

[video=youtube;cLcRQCIET5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=44&v=cLcRQCIET5A[/video]

As to the "republicans" who have either co-signed anti-gun legislation or authored it themselves I hope they find themselves jobless soon and if the GOP had any balls at all they would all be kicked out of the party. At the same time we need roughly 5% of all lifetime and 5 year+ members of the NRA to sign petitions in order to remove that snake in the grass Wayne Lapierre (who conveniently at this years meeting changed the by-laws making it even harder to call for the removal of a board member!!!)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The NRA's slouching towards giving room on this bumpstock review has appeared to have given cover to spineless of the spineless republicans to sign on to the bill(s)(?). Their strategy of acquiescing to ATF review to head off legislation may just blow up in their faces.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Bump stocks are so silly. I don’t see how they can be legal since they (poorly) attempt to duplicate the function of a full auto. Either they should already be banned, or full auto conversions should be legalized. I get the whole not one inch thing, but I won’t be criticizing the NRA on this one.

indynotch50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Easy decision for the NRA. They get some public support, can use these for leverage on something they would rather have. 3 weeks ago we all thought they were a waste of money, now I've seen them go for $2750. Dumb

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Bump stocks are so silly. I don’t see how they can be legal since they (poorly) attempt to duplicate the function of a full auto. Either they should already be banned, or full auto conversions should be legalized. I get the whole not one inch thing, but I won’t be criticizing the NRA on this one.
    I guess it's a good day for us that you don't work for the ATFE tech branch!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Easy decision for the NRA. They get some public support, can use these for leverage on something they would rather have. 3 weeks ago we all thought they were a waste of money, now I've seen them go for $2750. Dumb
    You've obviously missed the bill being put forward to ban these, and due to ambiguity, damn near every aftermarket Trigger there is?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I hope this guy beats Lien Paul Ryan in 2018!!!

[video=youtube;cLcRQCIET5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=44&v=cLcRQCIET5A[/video]

As to the "republicans" who have either co-signed anti-gun legislation or authored it themselves I hope they find themselves jobless soon and if the GOP had any balls at all they would all be kicked out of the party. At the same time we need roughly 5% of all lifetime and 5 year+ members of the NRA to sign petitions in order to remove that snake in the grass Wayne Lapierre (who conveniently at this years meeting changed the by-laws making it even harder to call for the removal of a board member!!!)

What the hell would everyone think if the murderous douchebag used a finger instead of the bumpfire stock?

:runaway: ban fingers!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

What about fingers?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I've never seen a reasoned argument for prohibiting automatics, let alone this nonsense of banning devices which may increase the ROF of semi-autos.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've never seen a reasoned argument for prohibiting automatics, let alone this nonsense of banning devices which may increase the ROF of semi-autos.

And you never will. The "argument" is always a swirling cloud of public safety, reasonable restrictions, no rights are unlimited, peer reviewed studies, nobody needs, weapons of war, and because....Europe.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here is the NRA's actual joint statement of Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement/

They're basically seeing that regulations are coming for bump stocks so are kindof getting on board with "something" without being specific, while at the same time pushing national reciprocity.

I'll need time to think about trading bump stocks for national reciprocity. My kneejerk reaction is mixed.

Regards,

Doug
    I think its safe to say that Reciprocity is dead They just pulled bill that had the hearing protection act and removing Suppressors as an NFA Item, and other Good stuff for all of us due to LV. I just posted this on FB and can't remember the name or number of the bill!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't budge an inch on the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if the hearing protection act comes to a halt after this either.
    It has been pulled! it was part of a larger bill that also cleaned up language about transporting our TOOLS across state lines and a bunch of other good stuff for us! And I can't remember the dang bill Number after just posting it on FB!

Top Bottom