Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    In the "You don't see that everyday around here." category. We have a float plane.

View attachment 295582
    Probably going to be retrofitted to a Hobartian’s golf cart. It’s the next big thing to clutter the byways of Brickie-land.

On the bright side, they can be used to do low altitude rooftop aerial drops of our raccoon army troops into the true thuglands where Jedi and his smelly unwashed minions lI’ve.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Goat?

I love BBQ goat meat.
    No it was "carnitas" which is pork.
    Slow cooked pork meat with salt and they somehow make the top/skin crispy.

They also had "birria" which from this place jedi suspects is just beef. Slow cooked beef with some seasonings and a "stew" to diphtheria meat to make it more suacy.

Screenshot_20230827_145304_Sleipnir.jpg

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Goat is the one meat I can’t really handle….. actually sheep too and I don’t like them both for the same reasons…… they taste like they smell to me. I’ll choke down lamb but definitely not one of my top picks lol

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Goat is the one meat I can’t really handle….. actually sheep too and I don’t like them both for the same reasons…… they taste like they smell to me. I’ll choke down lamb but definitely not one of my top picks lol
    I'll take Lamb, then Goat, then Beef, Chicken and Pork in that order of personal preference.

But in life I probably eat Chicken, Beef, Pork followed at a distance by Lamb and then finally Goat. I do have a good bit of Lamb in the freezer, some Elk and some Wild Boar, plenty of Beef, Pork and Chicken. But no Goat.

There is a Mexican shop in Cedartucky on 133rd near the high school that has some good Goat.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    More gyros for me! :D

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I'll take Lamb, then Goat, then Beef, Chicken and Pork in that order of personal preference.

But in life I probably eat Chicken, Beef, Pork followed at a distance by Lamb and then finally Goat. I do have a good bit of Lamb in the freezer, some Elk and some Wild Boar, plenty of Beef, Pork and Chicken. But no Goat.

There is a Mexican shop in Cedartucky on 133rd near the high school that has some good Goat.
    I should grab some seasoned goat there and give it a go what is it called? You just throw it in tacos ?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Much as I think the concept and money saving offered by battery power over gasoline vehicles can make sense for some, it just really doesn't seem to be the most attractive solution for me. I'm still considering. But seem to be turning back to a traditional hybrid.

For literally $10K less than an Ioniq 5 Limited AWD + charger & installation, I can get a larger, more luxurious Toyota Crown Limited with more legroom that runs on gas and still turns about 40mpg fuel economy. So no worry about that 266 mile range limit on the Ioniq 5, and while it would satisfy the vast majority of our driving needs, even if gas is $5 per gallon, I could still run that gasoline vehicle for the better part of a decade on the price difference between those 2 vehicles.

Still not sure what I will do. But I know I don't qualify for the federal EV $7500 tax rebate. That might even out the playing field for some folks and make the choice easier, but it doesn't work for my family.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Much as I think the concept and money saving offered by battery power over gasoline vehicles can make sense for some, it just really doesn't seem to be the most attractive solution for me. I'm still considering. But seem to be turning back to a traditional hybrid.

For literally $10K less than an Ioniq 5 Limited AWD + charger & installation, I can get a larger, more luxurious Toyota Crown Limited with more legroom that runs on gas and still turns about 40mpg fuel economy. So no worry about that 266 mile range limit on the Ioniq 5, and while it would satisfy the vast majority of our driving needs, even if gas is $5 per gallon, I could still run that gasoline vehicle for the better part of a decade on the price difference between those 2 vehicles.

Still not sure what I will do. But I know I don't qualify for the federal EV $7500 tax rebate. That might even out the playing field for some folks and make the choice easier, but it doesn't work for my family.
    My car didn't qualify either when I got mine.

Not a fan of anything Toyota.

My decision to get an electric had nothing to do with saving $$ on fuel. Performance and convenience were the main reasons. Performance really isn't what you're looking for, so that would really tip the scales away from an electric.

It has been nice not going to a gas station to fuel the car. No fluctuations in the price of fuel for it. No worries about getting the oil changed. Just drive and if the charge gets below 40% or I have to drive somewhere like Chicago, I charge it.

Performance wise, there is nothing in the price range that runs on gas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom