Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not seeing it lol looks like a pita like a bun split in half and then loaded in the middle like a taco
    Melensdad wanted the meat on a bun.
    That is what jedi did with some of the meat today. The other meat jedi did put in Tortillas.

What melensdad is looking for is a torta. Screenshot_20230827_195854_Sleipnir.jpg

Mexican version of the American Hamburger. Meaning it's a low prices sandwich for the working class.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well today sucked but I am getting another print job started tonight so that will be cool... Changed insulin pods last night and did 60 blood sugars all night, then this morning it went completely bipolar as it had me at 45 BS and I think I drank a half gallon of apple juice and did all of breakfast and still didn't go over 130 this afternoon... Now tonight it's acting more normal, and the blood sugars are climbing. I wish the Chinese could get the manufacturer of these medical devices down if they are going to be the only place to get the stuff... On another subject... I think I may be going to the meet and shoot on the 2nd so you guys should bring some 22 WMR if you want to shoot the M&P 22 WMR... and some 12 gauge if you want to shoot the Moss 940 JM... I'll post in the other thread alittle later after I get a walk in to level these dang blood sugars now...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well today sucked but I am getting another print job started tonight so that will be cool... Changed insulin pods last night and did 60 blood sugars all night, then this morning it went completely bipolar as it had me at 45 BS and I think I drank a half gallon of apple juice and did all of breakfast and still didn't go over 130 this afternoon... Now tonight it's acting more normal, and the blood sugars are climbing. I wish the Chinese could get the manufacturer of these medical devices down if they are going to be the only place to get the stuff... On another subject... I think I may be going to the meet and shoot on the 2nd so you guys should bring some 22 WMR if you want to shoot the M&P 22 WMR... and some 12 gauge if you want to shoot the Moss 940 JM... I'll post in the other thread alittle later after I get a walk in to level these dang blood sugars now...
    I invested in MEDTRONICS they are now experimenting with AI to control insulin pumps

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    My car didn't qualify either when I got mine.

Not a fan of anything Toyota.

My decision to get an electric had nothing to do with saving $$ on fuel. Performance and convenience were the main reasons. Performance really isn't what you're looking for, so that would really tip the scales away from an electric.

It has been nice not going to a gas station to fuel the car. No fluctuations in the price of fuel for it. No worries about getting the oil changed. Just drive and if the charge gets below 40% or I have to drive somewhere like Chicago, I charge it.

Performance wise, there is nothing in the price range that runs on gas.
    The 2023 Hyundai Hybrid Santa Fe is no longer in consideration. But the newly redesigned Santa Fe Hybrid, which is rumored to get approximately 34 to 35mpg is still in consideration.

Right now I'd say that the following vehicles are high on the possible list (in no particular order)
    • 2024 redesigned Hyundai Santa Fe hybrid
    • 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric SUV
    • 2023 or 2024 Toyota Crown hybrid
    • 2023 or 2024 Toyota Venza hybrid
    • 2023 or 2024 Tesla Model Y
    If you want to press me for the top 3 choices, possibly in the order in which I might choose them, I'd say the '23 or '24 Toyota Crown, the '24 Hyundai Santa Fe and then the '24 Ioniq 5.

I wouldn't rule out the Venza or the Model Y, but I wouldn't be betting to strongly in their favor either.

Much as I had to do it, because I think it is awesome, the Fisker Ocean, needs to be dropped from the current list. In a year it might be a far more practical choice. But for now, not so much and lots of risk since it is rolling out slowly, production limited, dealers non-existent, etc.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I invested in MEDTRONICS they are now experimenting with AI to control insulin pumps
    Well, Omnipod already offers the self-controlled insulin delivery, but I don't trust that thing. The Omnipod 5 Bluetooth with the Dexcom G7 and adjust accordingly but my experience with the Dexcom is nothing close to stellar either. My norm with the Dexcom is it takes 2 to 3 days before it gets within 20 points of what my blood sugar is. It also has a bad recurring issue of registering higher and higher blood sugars as the blood sugar starts to get actually high. When I break 180 the thing starts adding blood sugar that isn't there so it will jump to 250 but only be 200 and then it keeps making the numbers even a bigger amount. And re-calibrating only works for a couple of hours and then it's back at it...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well, Omnipod already offers the self-controlled insulin delivery ...
    So does Medtronics. My daughter uses a Medtronics insulin pump. But she doesn't use the self-controlled functions and prefers manual. That said, the company is leading edge in the medical field for machine learning and AI integration for medical appliances.

Personally I think investing in companies that creatively use AI will provide some big risks but also some huge wins for investors.

Jeff Bezos and Amazon didn't invent the on-line bookstore, he used to internet to create a whole new way to shop and that started with books. Bill Gates didn't invest the MS/DOS operating system. Elon Musk didn't invent the electric car. All of them used technology in ways that others didn't consider. Same will be true for the winners in AI investing.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    So does Medtronics. My daughter uses a Medtronics insulin pump. But she doesn't use the self-controlled functions and prefers manual. That said, the company is leading edge in the medical field for machine learning and AI integration for medical appliances.

Personally I think investing in companies that creatively use AI will provide some big risks but also some huge wins for investors.

Jeff Bezos and Amazon didn't invent the on-line bookstore, he used to internet to create a whole new way to shop and that started with books. Bill Gates didn't invest the MS/DOS operating system. Elon Musk didn't invent the electric car. All of them used technology in ways that others didn't consider. Same will be true for the winners in AI investing.
    Well I do like the Omnipods design, just wish they would pay closer attention to Chinese guys making them. No tubes to get caught on anything, no taking it off to jump in the shower or pool, and if the pump fails you just throw the whole pumping mechanism in the garbage and load up a new one. The shortcomings I think I'm experiencing is insulin pump failure which would be easier to deal with if you didn't have to figure out where you were going to get the 200 dollar a vial insulin to reload the next pod with. I do like the Dexcom for waking me up in the middle of the night with the warning of a low blood sugar even if it is a false alarm, just wish they did a better job of making those dang things to. I'm a bit worried about the AI as the real AI is going to figure out how stupid we are when it actually becomes self-aware, and we will be in big trouble.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    The 2023 Hyundai Hybrid Santa Fe is no longer in consideration. But the newly redesigned Santa Fe Hybrid, which is rumored to get approximately 34 to 35mpg is still in consideration.

Right now I'd say that the following vehicles are high on the possible list (in no particular order)
    • 2024 redesigned Hyundai Santa Fe hybrid
    • 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric SUV
    • 2023 or 2024 Toyota Crown hybrid
    • 2023 or 2024 Toyota Venza hybrid
    • 2023 or 2024 Tesla Model Y
    If you want to press me for the top 3 choices, possibly in the order in which I might choose them, I'd say the '23 or '24 Toyota Crown, the '24 Hyundai Santa Fe and then the '24 Ioniq 5.

I wouldn't rule out the Venza or the Model Y, but I wouldn't be betting to strongly in their favor either.

Much as I had to do it, because I think it is awesome, the Fisker Ocean, needs to be dropped from the current list. In a year it might be a far more practical choice. But for now, not so much and lots of risk since it is rolling out slowly, production limited, dealers non-existent, etc.

I have not done the research on all the electrics, but my brother does like his Lexus Hybrid SUV. Don't know the exact model, but it has 350 in the model name. I believe he said he gets around 40 MPG average.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom