Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    What speed are you going?
    Do you have the "eco" button turned on?

jedi has noticed that 62 mph is the sweet spot. Set the cruise at that and it's all good. Get behind a semi at 55 to 58 and it's even better.

From the limited Google searches jedi has done its due to wind resistance and this van being a box. Higher speeds causes too much drag and thus burns more gas.
    62!! You and I are not the same :lmfao:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    62!! You and I are not the same :lmfao:
    it's ok
    96% of peeps pass jedi up and jedi is find with that as jedi is looking to spend as little at the pump as possible.

That does not mean there are time jedi won't go faster and fuel be damb. Depends on the event but for thr most part plan ahead and get good gas mileage

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    it's ok
    96% of peeps pass jedi up and jedi is find with that as jedi is looking to spend as little at the pump as possible.

That does not mean there are time jedi won't go faster and fuel be damb. Depends on the event but for thr most part plan ahead and get good gas mileage

That actually does explain some things…… the other day coming up 57 I had a headwind and cruise set on 80 was getting about 22mpg

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Maybe one aggressive dog and a broom…. MAYBE but 6-7 aggressive dogs??(if you know what you’re getting into atleast he had lethal option) I don’t think it is big BALLS it takes I think it is small brain lol

Pack of dogs…. Attacking people? Need put down asap. Flame if you’d like.
    Not knowing what i'm getting into hearing screaming and barking, i'm not running in with just my edc and my small brain is what i'm saying. It leaves you no option besides a heavy hand.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Not knowing what i'm getting into hearing screaming and barking, i'm not running in with just my edc and my small brain is what i'm saying. It leaves you no option besides a heavy hand.
    Agree more options are better but if I could only pick one tool against a pack of dogs…. It would not be the broom

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Someday the batteries will get better.
    Someday the charging issues will get better.
    Someday they won't cost so much more than they should.
    Someday they won't burn up so bad.
    Someday isn't here yet.
    This is pretty much my belief too.

The traditional hybrids use conventional/replaceable batteries and don't really power the car, they work with the internal combustion engine and have proven track records at this point. Not fire hazards, etc.

But the PHEV and pure EV seem just 'not quite' and still 'too expensive' at the moment. They are getting closer, but still not quite there. It's good that the manufacturers seem to be settling on the Tesla charger standards, I see Ford, Hyundai, and others have jumped on that bandwagon for upcoming models. Standardization in the marketplace can help bring down costs and increase reliability.

Honestly can't see why we don't do more to develop bio-diesel.

I get 40mpg in my diesel Audi A6 sedan, street race tuned by APR, with quattro (4wd) and it is fast! My little VW Jetta diesel (which Jedi was looking at for his daughter) is now my daily driver and I get roughly 45mpg in a mix of rural/suburban driving.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Yep, I got 31 mpg on one trip in my Suby that was totally on state highways, avg 65 mph. I don't think it's even rated at 31, but it was very specific circumstances.

2019 Subaru Outback. I regularly get ~35+ mpg on roadtrips at 65-70.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom