Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Right, mine has the turbo with 100 more horsepower. I knew when I bought it that I wouldn't get the best mileage, but I do appreciate the extra power when I've got 800 pounds of paper in the back. All the Outbacks are nice, the Foresters too. My wife drives a Forester. When they offer the Forester with turbo, we'll be trading hers in.

p.s: I'm assuming you have the non-turbo, with that kind of mileage.

IMG_9137.jpeg

Turbo Diesel VW, apparently I drove just shy of 49 miles yesterday. 46.8mpg as I pulled into my neighborhood. Mine is clone of Jetta "TDI Cup" cars, its a 2010 that was built to race spec to compete in the old TDI Cup race series.

We don't need EV or Hybrid vehicles when we can run diesels.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Right, mine has the turbo with 100 more horsepower. I knew when I bought it that I wouldn't get the best mileage, but I do appreciate the extra power when I've got 800 pounds of paper in the back. All the Outbacks are nice, the Foresters too. My wife drives a Forester. When they offer the Forester with turbo, we'll be trading hers in.

p.s: I'm assuming you have the non-turbo, with that kind of mileage.

Thats a good assumption! Its kind of funny. My wife insists on having a hybrid, which is ok with me. But overall, the mileage between the two is about the same. She does better on local, in-town as its on the electric more, but on highway, it's usually ICE.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    View attachment 292054

Turbo Diesel VW, apparently I drove just shy of 49 miles yesterday. 46.8mpg as I pulled into my neighborhood. Mine is clone of Jetta "TDI Cup" cars, its a 2010 that was built to race spec to compete in the old TDI Cup race series.

We don't need EV or Hybrid vehicles when we can run diesels.
    U need to check your eyesight.
    We can't see that blurry image. ;)
    Or is it that u don't know how to take pics with a phone since in your day it was still Polaroid/Kodak film?

On a serious note that is impressive and since it's so good on gas mileage is MUST be destroyed!

How we gonna tax u if u use less fuel!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    U need to check your eyesight.
    We can't see that blurry image. ;)
    Or is it that u don't know how to take pics with a phone since in your day it was still Polaroid/Kodak film?

On a serious note that is impressive and since it's so good on gas mileage is MUST be destroyed!

How we gonna tax u if u use less fuel!
    When you come to the realization that the government came down so hard on VW TDI cars because the gas mileage was too good...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ugh. Frontier internet down. Guess I can't do any estimates the rest of today. Frontier saying it should be restored by 6:30pm

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Just got an email because I signed up for flux notifications long ago……… said raider was in stock so I clicked it. Just to read about the Glock brace….. by the time I read the two paragraphs it was out of stock.
    Oh yeah, you only get like 3 minutes before they are out of stock

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom