Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I forget we have to the T law followers here...

Someone was going to report me to the police for throwing bibles in the trash can of every hotel I've ever stayed at.. LMAO

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Indiana law states you can't buy alcohol before noon on Sundays too.. How dated and boomer that is...
    I didn’t say anything about laws. Just feelings, and the hard truth. Basically people that relocate animals are either ignorant to what I stated (the rainbow and fairy dust type that don’t like real life) or cowards that just want to pass the buck on down the line instead of handling it themselves would rather someone / something else take care of it.

Not directed towards you unless it applies. I have had this conversation often and it seems the opposing side falls into one of those two categories.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Indiana law states you can't buy alcohol before noon on Sundays too.. How dated and boomer that is...
    You have stated about being boss man at work. Typical. They don't like to follow laws when it applies to them but will use them
    when convenient toward their underlings. And just like a bad boss their is no point trying to talk sense to them so do it their
    way, waste time and money and laugh all the way to the bank.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    OK I am ready (2A Tom:flamethrower:Snap and others)

I feel the same way about stray domesticated animals. Every shelter should be a kill shelter.

Feral dogs and cats 100%

Strays and such…. If people want to sink money into supporting them (in a shelter or home not feeding feral cats outside that wreak havoc on the local ecosystem) that is their prerogative.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Feral dogs and cats 100%

Strays and such…. If people want to sink money into supporting them (in a shelter or home not feeding feral cats outside that wreak havoc on the local ecosystem) that is their prerogative.

At our Southern property in the middle of nowhere, it's almost a monthly chore to eliminate feral animals that some soft-hearted POS has dumped out in the wild. By the time they get to our place, the dogs are normally starving and potentially aggressive, with no collars on. The cats are just doing their thing eating anything they can catch, including the quail and turkey young, Etc.

We normally give them a day or two to move on, after which they're likely to join their compadres in the Boneyard.

We have returned a couple to their owners, when they had collars on. Sometimes hunting dogs get lost occasionally.

Ps. It's not something that we enjoy. It is, however, useful to test real-world effectiveness with 22 Magnum rounds. Speer Gold Dot is very effective.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Feral dogs and cats 100%

There are too many unwanted animals.
    I hate seeing the nasty SPCA commercials. All of these dogs and cats should just be put out of their misery.

No! Let us recycle that fighting dog into a good home with small children to eat!
    At our Southern property in the middle of nowhere, it's almost a monthly chore to eliminate feral animals that some soft-hearted POS has dumped out in the wild. By the time they get to our place, the dogs are normally starving and potentially aggressive, with no collars on. The cats are just doing their thing eating anything they can catch, including the quail and turkey young, Etc.

We normally give them a day or two to move on, after which they're likely to join their compadres in the Boneyard.

We have returned a couple to their owners, when they had collars on. Sometimes hunting dogs get lost occasionally.

Ps. It's not something that we enjoy. It is, however, useful to test real-world effectiveness with 22 Magnum rounds. Spear Gold Dot is very effective.
    I have to dis agree, I would love to kill every cat that is not kept inside a home.

I'll make an exception for farm and barn cats. And of course bobcats (protected in Indiana).

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You just need to let the coyotes and hawks do their thing with cats. Our barn cat population is kept well in check by them and wandering into the road. The ones that live long lives learn not to go to the road and come back to the barn at night.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There are too many unwanted animals.
    I hate seeing the nasty SPCA commercials. All of these dogs and cats should just be put out of their misery.

No! Let us recycle that fighting dog into a good home with small children to eat!

I have to dis agree, I would love to kill every cat that is not kept inside a home.

I'll make an exception for farm and barn cats. And of course bobcats (protected in Indiana).
    Some cats that live in homes are as*****s too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom