Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Anyone here into air rifles for small game? I have a bit of a groundhog issue and need something legal in city limits? Thinking of getting a break open.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I love how everybodys solution here is to just kill it.... Racoons, birds, squirrel, ground hogs...

Trap em and release em into the forest preserve
    Must be from IL since IN doesn't have forest preserves and if they did permission would be required to release them
    there as is stated in the regs. Notice how the regs say "release or euthanise" for most of them.

It has been said that relocation of raccoons often caused their death due to the need to compete with the resident animals in
    the area they are relocated to. I know for a fact that squirrels should be released greater than 5 miles from where they were caught or they will come right back to the point of origin. Again, permision required to release. Had a wild nuisance animal control permit for some critters it is no longer needed for. Needed to keep track of the date and release point of everyone caught though the DNR never checked. That was only because of concern about the neighbor who fed them with 50 pound bags of peanuts. This after he came to borrow a ladder and seen about 30 tails that were dried and hung from the ceiling of our garage.

Trap all wild nuisance animals and release them on CTC's property.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    i've gotten real ocd about keeping a non contact tester around for that reason. i even leave one in the truck.

Since I had no (zero) idea there was anything in the conduit besides the light circuit...
    And I KNEW the 2 wires were for a light switch before it was on a light sensor...
    Which turned out to be SLIGHTLY incorrect.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I love how everybodys solution here is to just kill it.... Racoons, birds, squirrel, ground hogs...

Trap em and release em into the forest preserve
    Yes please everyone do what feels good instead of making hard decisions. It is MUCH better to take the animal somewhere where he has no idea where food / water sources are. And then even if it DOES find it then it is out competing the other animals in that area for the same food source…… so someone starves to death either way much more humane. And then even if there is tons of food in this magical rainbow forest (animals starve to death every year so unlikely) now you have brought a disease that wasn’t in this “forest preserve” from your city animal and kill even more animals.

but by all means do whatever makes you “feel” good.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yes please everyone do what feels good instead of making hard decisions. It is MUCH better to take the animal somewhere where he has no idea where food / water sources are. And then even if it DOES find it then it is out competing the other animals in that area for the same food source…… so someone starves to death either way much more humane. And then even if there is tons of food in this magical rainbow forest (animals starve to death every year so unlikely) now you have brought a disease that wasn’t in this “forest preserve” from your city animal and kill even more animals.

but by all means do whatever makes you “feel” good.
    OK I am ready (2A Tom:flamethrower:Snap and others)

I feel the same way about stray domesticated animals. Every shelter should be a kill shelter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom