• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I actually Hana conversation with an employee at Walmart the other day. I was sitting in sporting goods and another INGO member was started the conversation. When asked about the lack of ammo and firearms, the employee stated that Walmart is still selling ammo and firearms...it's just that they cant keep it in stock. The immediate aftermath of panic buying emptied them out. However, they ARE ordering more ammo and will continue to stock it. He did state that with the panic buying .223, .40, .308, 9mm and .45 were flying off the shelf as fast as they were stocking it.

Still, a call to corporate to at least thank them and/or encourage them to continue selling is a good thing.

And let's remember, Walmart does have an OC friendly policy where applicable by state laws.

GONZO!!!

mikedippert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The warehouses are out. Stores with higher gross sales get priority. And the nuts know what time the trucks are due in and hang out at the counter waiting for the ammo delivery. Then buy up as much as possible. Some stores have limits now.

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Was just in Wally World a half hour ago looking to possibly pick up some bulk .22 LR. The only thing they had was the boxes of 225 Remington, and the clerk mentioned this was the first .22 he had seen in a week.

Long rifles only, no handguns. And really the only LGs were Cricket .22s and a few shotguns.

News from Northern IN... :dunno:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Walmart did sell handguns in the past. Several stores that were in my area back then, ie Jasper IN, Owensboro KY had them. Been awhile tho'.
    So what is it I should tell Walmart corp. hq when calling? Sell handguns again? Sell guns in all stores as in the past? Walmart, as far as it appears to me do sell guns in any store that the sales numbers make worthwhile, am I missing something?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I have a question. There seem to be a lot of people that are pissed about Walmart and the cessation of gun sales. I'd like to know, how many of these people swore on previous posts about only buying from LGS or perhaps threads about corporate greed that they would never shop at Walmart anyway.

So if noone is shopping at Wally World (at least for guns) why do we care if they stop selling them?

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    That's a fair question...I HAVE stated in the past that I will, and do, support my LGS...however, I also stated that when it comes to ammo or cleaning supplies I go to Wally World, Rural King, Meijer...why? Because of cost. I will spend a dollar or two more (figuratively speaking) to buy at a LGS, but not so much that I am not a responsible provider for my family. I can't justify spending $21.95 for a box of ammo at LGS when I ge it for $12 at ...say...Wally World. If I am picking up several boxes of ammo, that difference in price adds up.

This is an absolutely imperfect example ....but I think you get my point here....Gander Mountain has Winchester whitebox .45acp 230gr hardball 100 count box for $64.95.....Wally World has the same box for $36....I know Gander is not an LGS...this was just used as an example of cost savings and why I sometimes shop there.

As much as I have tied up in my firearm investment, I need to still be a responsible husband , father and grandfather to my family...so yeah, I buy from a box store sometimes

Last edited:

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    All the walmarts ive been to recently have 380 40 7.62x39 and 45 along with other odd rifle ammunition readily available. I've been looking for 22LR, 223 and 9mm

Walmart isnt stupid. They don't really care about "people" they care about money. If ammunition and guns make them A LOT of money, but occasionally people get hurt, they're going to sell it.

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    I wasn't quite sure where to post this,but...

For what it's worth, Local Wally World in Elkhart CR6 said his manager tried to place an ammo order today and was told by home office that no ammo orders are allowed right now.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Biden group talk that Walmart is supposed to attend....

Also, they still had some Tul Ammo 223 @ $5.27 box (prob 15-20 boxes left about 30 minutes ago).

Taney37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    I am sure a lot a large chains are going to cave, there afraid Bomba will executive order them out of business. Will be up to the small stores to keep us supplied.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My last couple grocery trips I checked for ammo and the first time they had 3 boxes of .223 which I bought but last time they had very little ammo, esp rifle munitions. I think its more due to the spike in demand though.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    My last couple grocery trips I checked for ammo and the first time they had 3 boxes of .223 which I bought but last time they had very little ammo, esp rifle munitions. I think its more due to the spike in demand though.

I hope so. Plenty of handgun ammo, but no .223 or .22 lr. Grrrr....good thing it's winter and I dont shoot much this time of year.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I needed to get some juice and stopped by the one in Noblesville last night.

If you need to shoot doves or have a .380, you are GTG. ;)

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Walmart isnt stupid. They don't really care about "people" they care about money. If ammunition and guns make them A LOT of money, but occasionally people get hurt, they're going to sell it.

My friend fell off a bike he bought from Walmart and broke his arm. Perhaps they should stop selling bikes.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have been searching for .22 and found some 500 round winchester boxes at gander mountain for $28. At this point, I will accept it.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I needed to get some juice and stopped by the one in Noblesville last night.

If you need to shoot doves or have a .380, you are GTG. ;)

I've noticed that their shelves are bare save for .380 and shotgun shells as well. While I expect this shortage to be due only to supply issues, the :tinfoil: in me says that big chains may be caving due to the future possibility that they could be targeted in a lawsuit should someone go on a shooting rampage and the ammo is traced back to the store it was bought at.

Top Bottom