• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm not concerned with the box stores meeting with them...its when they start doing things like Dick's did that I'll tkae notice.

Walmart not taking orders...I'm thinking has a whole lot to do with supply disruptions at this point. TulAmmo probably is wanting to jack up prices on Walmart would be my guess.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Walmart is about money. Walmart is the largest ammo seller in the country.

They make money hand over fist over hand over fist.

I am guessing the backorders are piled so high, they are just shutting down the backorders for awhile.

Not to sound silly but back when I was in high school working at a grocery store Rice Krispie treats first came out... they were so popular they would sell out within hours of being put on the shelf. No kidding.

Anyway, we tried to order dozens of cases and the back order was so long, they just put every store on a one case plan.

Moral of the story? Just because the krispie treats aren't on the shelf, doesn't mean they don't want to sell them. Word.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Wal mart

So idk if its true for all stores I was talking with a manager and they seen say that there going to stop stocking ammunition completely.Idk whats going on hope its just a rumor anyone else here anything?

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Warehouse out. This is pretty common on popular ammo all the time. It's worse when there is panic buying. When the DC can't keep it in, you can't order. What does come in will be distributed to the stores with the best sales.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I call BS. I have been to multiple Walmarts around here and each one is telling me how they are ordering as much as possible. They are selling out of .22LR, .223, and 7.62x39 almost as soon as they arrive. While there are some anti-gun shareholders, 100% of them are pro-profit.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There was another thread about this I saw yesterday. I don't know if its true, but seems like when I go check 'me out, it seems like they enacted this policy a month ago.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Talked to a few of the day people in sporting goods they said that how its sounding now is that most walmart will stop selling ammo. They said it would prob be mid spring early fall before it happened though. Idk if its just the stores who dont stock guns or all together. I cant see it happening just thought Id see if anyone else heard about the rumor or knew anymore info.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    from my understanding it is up to the GM to stock/not stock ammunition/firearms at their particular store. the walmart by my work does not stock ammunition, however those around it do. the one in brownsburg even has rifles.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    It is just due to demand. We get in a little ammo on each truck. It is still coming, we just can't order it. The last night I worked, I got in several cases of various calibers. I got off at 8 am and almost all of it was gone.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I wasn't quite sure where to post this,but...

For what it's worth, Local Wally World in Elkhart CR6 said his manager tried to place an ammo order today and was told by home office that no ammo orders are allowed right now.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Biden group talk that Walmart is supposed to attend....

Also, they still had some Tul Ammo 223 @ $5.27 box (prob 15-20 boxes left about 30 minutes ago).

no, i talked to the local manager at mine...he said it was because the warehouses are empty, that is why the stores can't order.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    You have gun control in a nut shell...you can have all the guns you want...you just can't have ammo for them. The Constitution says nothing about ammo. You can bear arms they just wont be loaded.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I can shed a little bit of light on this. Unless the policies for Walmart has changed in the last several years, their inventory control is not based in each store. The home office decides what and where products get shipped to. So it is likely that while the stores may be requesting more ammunition supplies, the home office is denying them as it does not follow standard operating procedure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You have gun control in a nut shell...you can have all the guns you want...you just can't have ammo for them. The Constitution says nothing about ammo. You can bear arms they just wont be loaded.

Ammunition is integral with "arms". That's an argument that couldn't pass constitutional scrutiny.

However, I heard on NPR (being informed requires listening to both sides) that a bill was introduced to require the same NCIS check on ammo purchases that we have for firearms.

Top Bottom