• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    By "force" I did not mean physically. Bad choice of words on my part. I meant force as in require you to leave by verbally demanding it.

Indeed not what you meant but it certainly could happen. In fact I'm sure it has.

It would be very hard in Indiana to get any trespassing charge to hold up in court so as long as you left when asked, especially by a police officer on behalf of the property owner. Exceptions would be prior court or police orders not to return or a contractual agreement between you and the property owner to never return.

Agreed.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    In case you forget to bring your own M&M's at the movie they do offer overpriced ones inside.
    They should do the same with guns in case you forget your carry piece.
    You could buy a $950 Glock and a $50 box of ammo in the lobby and enjoy a safe movie. :dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In case you forget to bring your own M&M's at the movie they do offer overpriced ones inside.
    You could buy a $950 Glock and a $50 box of ammo in the lobby and enjoy a safe movie. :dunno:

The French dude scores with a great idea!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

I have a new retirement plan. Thanks, Frenchie :thumbsup:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Carrying around M&Ms is not Constitutionally protected. If I were you, I'd ditch the unprotected M&Ms and carry something Constitutionally protected... Like arms of some sort. Maybe bear ones.

Just because it is not in the Constitution does not mean it is not a right. If I have M&M's I have every right to carry them or even bear them

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    What if the sign was written this way?

"ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKS OR FOOD!!
    ANYONE CARRYING DRINKS OR FOOD IS EXPRESSLY DENIED ENTRY TO THESE PREMISES.
    IF YOU CARRY A DRINKS OR FOOD INTO THIS BUILDING YOU ARE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE ARREST AND PROSECUTION."

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If they ask you to leave because you carried in your own M&Ms, the best thing to do is empty the bag into your hand, fling them all straight up into the air, draw your 16-round Glock .45acp, shoot all the M&Ms out of the air before they hit the floor. Then blow the smoke off the muzzle, smile real big and ask, "what M&Ms?" :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

IF YOU CARRY A DRINKS OR FOOD INTO THIS BUILDING YOU ARE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE ARREST AND PROSECUTION."

Just go to food and drink friendly place.:dunno:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi

Well it's entirely true. You are subject to immediate arrest and prosecution but the food & drink has nothing to do with that. Posting a ridiculous statement doesn't make it accurate. In order to be arrested a law enforcement officer would have to have probable cause to believe that you have committed an arrest-able offence. Either that or he has a warrant for your arrest. But carrying outside food or drink into a movie theater is not a crime, in Indiana at least, so there would be no probable cause.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Then I think a reasonable person could believe that drinks AND food is perfectly fine. Or one drink. Or multiple foods. Yes, foods.

Besides which, I never learned to read.

I%2BNEVER%2BLEARNED%2BTO%2BREAD%2B_7f53fc94a2b31c16a6e17bf925dccc6d.gif

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Well it's entirely true. You are subject to immediate arrest and prosecution but the food & drink has nothing to do with that. Posting a ridiculous statement doesn't make it accurate. In order to be arrested a law enforcement officer would have to have probable cause to believe that you have committed an arrest-able offence. Either that or he has a warrant for your arrest. But carrying outside food or drink into a movie theater is not a crime, in Indiana at least, so there would be no probable cause.

SO it would only work for firearms?

Top Bottom