• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Nothing to do with your post except "Popular Mechanics" You ever read the article about the "Elevator to Space they had a couple years ago? Its gonna be 56000 miles high. Sounds far fetched to me, but they covered that and support it too. Look it up its a wild story or project.

That's an idea that's been around for quite some time. Even appeared in a couple of Robert Heinlein's books. Theoritically, it's very possible.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I've not been a tin foil hat wearin type in the past. But one thing about how those buildings fell, struck me as odd. They all fell almost completely straight down. Just like when a demolition crew works for 2 or 3 weeks setting up charges to make it fall straight down so it won't damage other nearby buildings. In fact they look just like other demo jobs as they fell, without the visible explosions of course.
    What are the chances that one of the original two towers wouldn't topple sideways after being hit by a plane?
    Man, I hate it when my concept of reality is shaken.

They were hit high enough up that the building failed top to bottom.
    Had the impact been much lower it could have toppled in another manner. The floors above fell straight down overwhelming the load capacity of the floors below and they failed one after another.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Let's face it, we have a lot to apologise for.

Let's face it. It's people with attitudes like yours that make me realize why this Country is going to :poop:. I have nothing to apologize for. Period. If not for us, Europe would be speaking German and tens of millions of "undesirables" would be dead. I don't know what you have to apologize for, but I think people like you belong in those Countries you wish to apologize to.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They were hit high enough up that the building failed top to bottom.
    Had the impact been much lower it could have toppled in another manner. The floors above fell straight down overwhelming the load capacity of the floors below and they failed one after another.

^^ This. However it doesn't explain 7. It shouldn't have fallen.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can't be sure but didn't they take down building 7 because of it's weakened state from the collapse of the other two. Seems maybe I heard that somewhere. But that would be hearsay not fact.:dunno:

No, it collapsed shortly after the twin towers fell. Not but a minute or two after they fell, there was a second explosion and building 7 fell. If it was brought down, explain to me how a demo crew got in seconds after the towers fell, placed explosives and got out before 7 fell, all before they knew it would be in a weakened state and decide to bring it down too?

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    It doesn't seem right to make fun of our President.

Our President is just trying to help people in this country after the mess he was left. If he can help us who cares where he is from.

Let's face it, we have a lot to apologise for.

motivator5354766.jpg

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, it collapsed shortly after the twin towers fell. Not but a minute or two after they fell, there was a second explosion and building 7 fell. If it was brought down, explain to me how a demo crew got in seconds after the towers fell, placed explosives and got out before 7 fell, all before they knew it would be in a weakened state and decide to bring it down too?

Like I said I can't remember. Man that was almost a freekin' decade ago I can barely remember what I had for breakfast. LOL

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    ^^ This. However it doesn't explain 7. It shouldn't have fallen.

Some of the explanation for Bldg 7 also explains why towers 1 and 2 fell the way they did. It had to do with building practices at the time with long span or total span flooring. Once the central column, weakened by an all day fire that could not be put out due to low water pressure and the expansion of the total span flooring from heat caused separation at one end of the flooring joists and the columns they were attached to. After that, it comes down like dominos. The same thing happened with the towers. Steel did not have to melt, only get hot enough to start becoming plastic. In bldg 7, the central column weakened and collapsed. Once one end of the flooring separates from the column it is attached to, it falls. The rest is just gravity doing it's thing.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.

The South tower collapsed at 9:59am. The North tower collapsed at 10:28am. WTC 7 did not collapse until 5:21pm after fires burned in it all day.

Neither the towers or WTC 7 used the classic I beam skeleton construction. The towers were a concrete core with a steel exterior frame connected by lightweight steel bar joists. WTC 7 used what are called "transfer trusses". Both are highly vulnerable to fire.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Some of the explanation for Bldg 7 also explains why towers 1 and 2 fell the way they did. It had to do with building practices at the time with long span or total span flooring. Once the central column, weakened by an all day fire that could not be put out due to low water pressure and the expansion of the total span flooring from heat caused separation at one end of the flooring joists and the columns they were attached to. After that, it comes down like dominos. The same thing happened with the towers. Steel did not have to melt, only get hot enough to start becoming plastic. In bldg 7, the central column weakened and collapsed. Once one end of the flooring separates from the column it is attached to, it falls. The rest is just gravity doing it's thing.

Did you see pictures of 7 before it fell? Only a small chunk (as compared to the rest of the building) was collapsed. It looked like the building from Oklahoma and Tim McVeigh. It didn't damage the middle of the building. Just the outside and probably only the front offices of the first couple floors. So all that explanation you gave was moot. Also, it doesn't explain the explosions that brought it down. :twocents:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Did you see pictures of 7 before it fell? Only a small chunk (as compared to the rest of the building) was collapsed. It looked like the building from Oklahoma and Tim McVeigh. It didn't damage the middle of the building. Just the outside and probably only the front offices of the first couple floors. So all that explanation you gave was moot. Also, it doesn't explain the explosions that brought it down. :twocents:

Nothing can explain an explosion that didn't happen. The building collapsed from the center out when the center pillars and floor connections failed due to heat and expansion. You can see it in the videos yourself.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    yeah so, back to glenn beck. no bodies perfect. but i watch him. i agree with him more often than not and get a lot of information from the show that i would otherwise not get. but thats not to say i or anyone should agree with him all the time. because then you have quit thinking for yourselves.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    i dont trust or believe any tv or major radio personality. to get high up in show business, you have to sell out and kiss but some where along the way. and tv shows with more rating can charge more for the commerials. and since nearly all tv channels are a business,(which only exist to make large sums of money) they only put the ones who on air who can draw ppl in and hold them with truth, lies, or opinions. as long as the can make money, they dont care what he says.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    i dont trust or believe any tv or major radio personality. to get high up in show business, you have to sell out and kiss but some where along the way. and tv shows with more rating can charge more for the commerials. and since nearly all tv channels are a business,(which only exist to make large sums of money) they only put the ones who on air who can draw ppl in and hold them with truth, lies, or opinions. as long as the can make money, they dont care what he says.

Nothing like having faith in the American people. You are willing to paint everyone else with a broad brush. Are you willing to be painted the same?

Top Bottom