• Status
    Not open for further replies.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    I think they have every right to fight it as the next guy the question is should they still have a take home car still if they are convicted.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I find it troubling that multiple police officers, in this thread alone, have demonstrated an inability to distinguish between fact and opinion.

You'd think that would be a job requirement.

We know the difference.

dealwithit.jpg

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Ok, higher than 99% of burglar alarms are turn out to be false alarms. Therefore, we are not authorized to run lights and sirens to them. However, we are authorized to run "code 1" to them. Which means obeying the posted speed limit but, we can flip our lights on to go through a traffic light, stop sign, or to pass a vehicle which is traveling below the posted limit.

I do not know if Baltimore has a similar policy but, I'm sure that some people see me doing that and wonder where I am going and how I am going to turn my lights on for the red light and then turn them right back off.

I'm just saying that, the officers in question deserve their day in "court", or at least a chance to defend their actions like anyone else would get. IF they were not responding to any call for service, they should be disciplined according to their department policy.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    They definitely deserve to be able to defend the speeding tickets, and they should be given a fair amount of time to do so.

The article also gives the impression that if a police officer is on an emergency call, they are not given a ticket. The gray area seems to come in when officers were on emergency calls, but for some reason dispatch records do not indicate that they were. I am unsure why that would be, but I do not claim to understand every situation either.

Maybe I am just missing why the dispatcher would not know they are on an emergency call? Is this to keep their actions off of police scanners, or am I missing something here?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Ok, higher than 99% of burglar alarms are turn out to be false alarms. Therefore, we are not authorized to run lights and sirens to them. However, we are authorized to run "code 1" to them. Which means obeying the posted speed limit but, we can flip our lights on to go through a traffic light, stop sign, or to pass a vehicle which is traveling below the posted limit.

I do not know if Baltimore has a similar policy but, I'm sure that some people see me doing that and wonder where I am going and how I am going to turn my lights on for the red light and then turn them right back off.

I'm just saying that, the officers in question deserve their day in "court", or at least a chance to defend their actions like anyone else would get. IF they were not responding to any call for service, they should be disciplined according to their department policy.

Huh! I never knew that; actually that's good to know...Over the years, I've seen a few officers do that and I always wondered WTF they were doing.

I learn something new everyday.:D

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    They definitely deserve to be able to defend the speeding tickets, and they should be given a fair amount of time to do so.

The article also gives the impression that if a police officer is on an emergency call, they are not given a ticket. The gray area seems to come in when officers were on emergency calls, but for some reason dispatch records do not indicate that they were. I am unsure why that would be, but I do not claim to understand every situation either.

Maybe I am just missing why the dispatcher would not know they are on an emergency call? Is this to keep their actions off of police scanners, or am I missing something here?

The only thing I can think of is maybe they were on their way to back another officer up. Some departments don't call in when they are en route to back another officer on traffic and some dispatch centers only keep logs of the actual reporting officer. After the call is cleared, they don't keep a log of assisting officers. It's up to the officers to keep in their reports...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    The only thing I can think of is maybe they were on their way to back another officer up. Some departments don't call in when they are en route to back another officer on traffic and some dispatch centers only keep logs of the actual reporting officer. After the call is cleared, they don't keep a log of assisting officers. It's up to the officers to keep in their reports...

Sounds like their is no easy way to manage this without extra court sessions and paper work.

Two things we can always use more of.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    it would take you a half hour to delete 10 posts or so?

are you working from an apple IIe?

Really, even trying to argue with a mod who is trying to get people to stop posting garbage in a thread!

Disclamer: THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO OFTEN POSTS GARBAGE!!!!!!!!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Well you're not doing a very good job of being helpful. It's far easier for me to click one "lock" button than it is to waste my time trying to clean up a thread that won't stay clean...

CLOSED!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom