Not open for further replies.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Thread Fail.

Four Montgomery County police officers sued their department over speeding tickets and lost before the state's highest court, in a decision issued late last month.

Apparently it's enough that four of them are suing their own department and there is an entire article written about the issue.

I'd call that "a lot".

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The thread will only get locked if us lowly citizens chime in to voice a differing opinion. If it's just cops or members having a fun time talking about the "tin-foil wearing" members of INGO the mods will let it run for at least seven pages, but as soon as ONE member strolls in to say "I disagree" any mod around here will shut it down, to keep the "LEO bashing" down, of course. :rolleyes:

If you think that the staff here takes sides and closes anti-LEO threads because of the anti-LEO opinions expressed therein, then you are delusional. Lately it seems that anti-LEO bull-crap is just about the only thing in the cesspool that is the General Political subforum of this site. If you want banned, I'll be more than happy to accommodate but I suggest that if you're gonna throw out complaints against the staff and INGO in general, you need to get your facts straight. :twocents:

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Apparently it's enough that four of them are suing their own department and there is an entire article written about the issue.

I'd call that "a lot".

So you didn't even read the article you posted? Fail. :noway:

They weren't sueing for accountablility for the ticket, but the timing. Fail. :noway:

"Four Montgomery County police officers sued their department over speeding tickets and lost before the state's highest court, in a decision issued late last month.

The ruling from the Maryland Court of Appeals was on a technical issue — whether the county had given the officers enough time to contest the tickets — but the effect of the decision holds police throughout the state accountable for following what the judges called "the rules of the road" like any other licensed driver.

"

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    If you think that the staff here takes sides and closes anti-LEO threads because of the anti-LEO opinions expressed therein, then you are delusional. Lately it seems that anti-LEO bull-crap is just about the only thing in the cesspool that is the General Political subforum of this site. If you want banned, I'll be more than happy to accommodate but I suggest that if you're gonna throw out complaints against the staff and INGO in general, you need to get your facts straight. :twocents:

I know you guys are just trying to keep the peace, but this is a forum with a lot of members. People are going to disagree. I'm not sure what you mean by "anti-LEO bull-crap". The threads that come to my mind were all reports of massive wrongdoing by individual LEOs. While it is bull-crap to see actions like those reported go unpunished, I have no idea how one could say they are "anti-LEO". After all, LEOs are individuals, therefore there cannot be such a thing as "anti-LEO", unless we're talking about a specific, individual law enforcement officer? In that case, I am "anti-LEO" when it comes to bad individual officers slamming innocent people into walls, beating innocent people for carrying soda, or arresting idiots for wearing hats.

I think few to none here are "anti-all-LEOs", but a few are "anti-bad-LEOs". But again, I fail to see how any reasonable, good person could say that people not liking bad officers is "bull-crap".

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    So you didn't even read the article you posted? Fail. :noway:

They weren't sueing for accountablility for the ticket, but the timing. Fail. :noway:

Could you misspell more words in a single sentence? Talk about fail.

If you actually read the article, you will find that these police officers are suing their department because the system is so screwed up that they didn't have enough time to contest tickets.

This shows two things.

First of all, they don't think they should be held accountable for the tickets, otherwise they wouldn't need to contest them.

Secondly, it shows that they think they should be above the same screwed up, bloated, unfair system that the rest of us have to deal with when we're taxed by the enforcers.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Could you misspell more words in a single sentence? Talk about fail.

If you actually read the article, you will find that these police officers are suing their department because the system is so screwed up that they didn't have enough time to contest tickets.

This shows two things.

First of all, they don't think they should be held accountable for the tickets, otherwise they wouldn't need to contest them.

Secondly, it shows that they think they should be above the same screwed up, bloated, unfair system that the rest of us have to deal with when we're taxed by the enforcers.

Wow, this is about as biased as it gets. So the fact that they wanted to fight the ticket means they don't think they should be accountable? Maybe they are promised due process as American citizens and wanted to utilize it. Did you think that maybe if they win the case it'll make things better for everyone? If someone wants to fight a ticket that's their choice, it's got nothing to do with escaping accountability or being above anything, and everything to do with justice. If John Q. Public fights a ticket, do you think the same thing about them?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If John Q. Public fights a ticket, do you think the same thing about them?

Yes. Like I said in my original post, we should all be above this ridiculous system.

I'm in agreement with the cops here. This is an injustice. I just also happen to believe it's an injustice to the rest of us lowly citizens as well.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Almost.

The thread will only get locked if us lowly citizens chime in to voice a differing opinion. If it's just cops or members having a fun time talking about the "tin-foil wearing" members of INGO the mods will let it run for at least seven pages, but as soon as ONE member strolls in to say "I disagree" any mod around here will shut it down, to keep the "LEO bashing" down, of course. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what the point of a public forum is if we aren't allowed to have specific conversations. Why anyone would want to start a forum and then say "Can't talk about this, this, this, this, this, this, this, or this." is beyond me.

So, in before the lock, and probably a ban for voicing my opinion, which isn't popular.

I just want to take a moment to point out to all the LEO's and the anti-LEO's this thread and this statement. I want you to fully appreciate the position that it puts the staff into.

The next time I hear a complaint about why any particular LEO thread was or was not locked I'm going to point back to this statement. Regardless of what we do, we are going to anger one side or the other. It is literally not possible for us to make everyone happy. If we try to stop the LEO bashing, then we're "oppressive" and "censoring". If we let the thread go then we are "anti-LEO" and we "condone this sort of $@!# on INGO".

VUPDBlue is right:

If you think that the staff here takes sides and closes anti-LEO threads because of the anti-LEO opinions expressed therein, then you are delusional.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Yes. Like I said in my original post, we should all be above this ridiculous system.

I'm in agreement with the cops here. This is an injustice. I just also happen to believe it's an injustice to the rest of us lowly citizens as well.

I saw that, but you keep bringing up the fact that they are cops. You also keep saying that because they are cops they think they are above the law. Where in the story does it say that the cops think they are above the law? You're making assumptions that because they are fighting the tickets they must think they are better than citizens. You obviously have an agenda here far beyond speed and red light cameras.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

I'm in agreement with the cops here. This is an injustice. I just also happen to believe it's an injustice to the rest of us lowly citizens as well.[/quote]
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    You live in the greatest free country in the entire history of the World and all you can do id b**ch about how oppressed you are.
    POOR BABY!!! :(

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    It seems as if a lot of the "maverick" LEOs on T.V. are really praised by the people who complain about everyday LEOs who bend the laws(Dirty Harry etc). Maybe the real life LEOs see this and perceive it as an endorsement for them to do the same. How do you praise someone for breaking rules on the cinema and then condemn them for doing it as real LEOs? I have seen LEOs blow a light and then see where they go(to pick their wives up for lunch). But if they see the public praise Dirty Harry they get a feeling that such conduct is approved by the public. How can we have it both ways???? There are a number of shows on T.V. now where LEOs break the laws and are the top rated shows!!! Figure that one out!!! Also I believe that when the good LEOs witness a bad LEO do something that is wrong the they have a stern discussion with him about it . After all it is a group reputation that is in question!!!!

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I saw that, but you keep bringing up the fact that they are cops. You also keep saying that because they are cops they think they are above the law. Where in the story does it say that the cops think they are above the law? You're making assumptions that because they are fighting the tickets they must think they are better than citizens. You obviously have an agenda here far beyond speed and red light cameras.

I do feel it to be slightly hypocritical for the enforcers of this system to be complaining about how unfair it is as they continue to force all of us to be abused by it.

I can't say that I could morally perform a job where I felt I was forcing people into a system that is unjust.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    You live in the greatest free country in the entire history of the World and all you can do id b**ch about how oppressed you are.
    POOR BABY!!! :(

Do you have anything constructive or useful to add to this discussion?

You're almost a caricature of yourself at this point.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't agree with the speed limits being a "speed tax." a "speed tax" would be a special licence plate that you pay extra for that allows you to go 10 MPH over the posted speed limit with immunity.
    I think speeding tickets are a fine for violating a law put in place. I think the laws they are fines for are unjust, and I practice civil disobedience whenever prudent, but they are laws none the less. I think they are reasonable in school zones and around hospitals and fire stations. other than that, as fast as you feel comfortable is ok. if you wreck your car, its your loss. if you wreck someone else's car, its your fault. if you cause bodily injury or death, you pay the consequences.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom